Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

Bring back Kimbo.

Bring back Dan Quinn. Straight edge vs. Stevia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Gonna be funny as hell when Punk wins every fight he's in and goes right to the top.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

According to The Death of WCW, WCW offered to pay for Tank Abbott to take singing lessons. He refused, claiming his voice would still suck even with training.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unfortunately, that anime is Ashita no Joe.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Who Gotch Ya posted:

If Punk's opponent isn't me, it better be Ken loving Shamrock.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Considering David Arquette, I don't think that having Tank Abbott win the WCW world title would've been the dumbest WCW did or could have done around that time.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Two other great things about Brawl For All:

1) The announcers had no idea how to deal with this. I mean, they couldn't acknowledge that wrestling is normally fake and this wasn't, so they couldn't even describe why this should be something special. So they had to be excited for some reason about there being special scoring and weird rules for a match. They also would occasionally blurt out something about mixed martial arts. They had just had to wink-wink nudge-nudge about the whole deal since they couldn't even get to the root of what was supposed to make this interesting.

2) The crowd loving HATED it. So much. Every match was booed or met with chants of "boring" unless it was two guys swinging wildly at each other (at which point they would be gassed about 20 seconds in). This was a thing that no one wanted to see except for Vince McMahon.

Also they specifically barred Ken Shamrock from participating, when he would have been almost-guaranteed to have had more exciting Brawl For All fights than Dan Severn. You think the crowd shits on Brawl For All in general? Try watching Dan Severn use a million takedowns to wrestlefuck his way to a points victory.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Watching Dan Severn wrestle fake wrestlers actually sounds really fun and good

It would have been had they also not made him drop out of the tournament after beating The Godfather.

Halloween Jack posted:

Have...have you seen Shamrock vs. Severn in MMA?

Still better than Hawk vs. Droz :colbert:

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 22, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

colonel_korn posted:

Still curious about whether they'll actually try to find someone with some name recognition who won't embarrass him (I have no idea who this could be) or whether he'll just fight some guy no one's heard of.

He'll fight the one guy that fits both categories at the same time, playa: Dan Quinn

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Diet Pepsi vs Coke Life

Phil Brooks, do you cotton to the Aspartame in Diet Pepsi, uh, that the evil rich don't want you to know about? Fact not fiction, if you don't want to go gay like lab mice then you better get on the JAJA Stevioside and validate the pure cure before I have to legally end your life in a cage and retire your family in style. What's it gonna be, homeboy?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BlueArmyMan posted:

I'd say poo poo was weird back in 1986, but there probably are still people mad that Samus is a woman.

And that man's name was Vince McMahon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm pretty sure a 2006 Dan Quinn could beat CM Punk in a fight. Speak on it, Ken Shamrock.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'll admit I can't see Dan Quinn beating anyone by submission, but it apparently happened http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dan-Quinn-2583

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BGrifter posted:

The funniest outcome would be Dana finding the saddest string of cans in MMA history so Punk can go 20-0. Have him fight a guy with no arms or something. Maybe a couple legally blind opponents. In 10 years they can have him fight a 61 year old Ken Shamrock.

Punk vs. Dan Quinn would put asses in seats and depending on who dies in the ring may even get the Stevia miracle famous. Speak on it, Dana White.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a retard posted:

Isn't Quinn still in prison? Besides I'd think he's too lazy to fight at middleweight (Punk's division). Most of Quinn's fights were against Z-League heavyweights anyway, though, which would make Punk a perfect match for him.

Nah, Dan's been out of prison for a year and is now mostly doing lazy YouTube call out videos. He was supposed to have a match last October but ducked it at the last minute.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt3jlekNbaI

Put it like this, uh, CM Punk, Phil Brooks ny migga. Fly to Sacramento with a quickness and Dan Quinn will give you instant 9-second KO Hands of Steel. You'll be legally murdering Conor McGregor in no time while retiring in style from the Cold Fission Miracle. Speak on it, Scott Smith.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I think Dan Quinn might legitimately have a chance of beating Punk now.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Is he finally out of jail?

Maitreya's out of jail and making new videos. Speak on it, Peyton Manning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTqmr47C5LI

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sotar posted:

I just wish that the near impossible happened, and Bart Gunn won that fight.

Vince immediately books him into a shoot-MMA match with Ken Shamrock.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lloyd Boner posted:

His name is John Cena and he would probably beat up CM Punk

But can he beat Wong Jack Man, of whom it was established earlier itt that Punk would easily trounce.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Heavy Metal posted:

It's Rollins.

It's Buff Bagwell, Number One Wrestler of my heart.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

This is a very funny idea to me, but also makes me think of that fight where the guy with no arms and legs was in an mma fight which was also funny but sad in execution

:stare:

I feel the need to ask for both context and video of this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm thoroughly certain that Kyle Maynard would completely destroy Dan Quinn in a fight.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dr. rear end posted:

One of this guy coming at me, without hands? Oh my god,

He moves fast, but can he catch black guys from behind? Oh no poo poo Royce Gracie!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fortunately this doesn't preclude going down to Sacramento and fighting Dan Quinn in a cage. Imagine Punk validating both Stevia and The Violin in one night. Speak on it, Paul Heyman.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's still time for Punk to legally kill Dan Quinn in a cage, though.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

exploding mummy posted:

accidentally posted it in the WWE thread

Stallman is looking pretty good these days.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Keg posted:

He was abrasive towards a cop when he was a teen and wrote about it on his live journal.

I would give anything to read that live journal.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The universe is a beautiful and magical place

CM Punk, age 25 posted:

Now this is where it gets fairly hilarious people. I literally step out of the car, and once i'm fully stood up, i'm at least a foot taller than this cop. The look on his face was priceless. He takes a step back, and I poo poo you not, gulps. I'd imagine i'm horribly frighting looking by this point, because i'm legit furious that this little bullshit profile stop of my car results in a drug dog harassment. He backs up, never taking his eyes off me, and I nearly back him into traffic...
Officer Justshitinhispants: Um...this is your warning.
Punk: Great ::turns to walk away::
Officer Banana Brains: You need to take this, but before I give it to you, what do you want to tell me about what's in your car?
Punk (now turning green): What?
Officer pleasedontkillme: Is there anything in the car you want to tell me about, I'll give you the chance to tell me the truth, why were you in Nashville?
Punk::raising his fists right in the cops face:: What do my knuckles say?!
Cop: Why were you ::gets cut off by a very angry Punk::
Punk: WHAT. DO. MY. KNUCKLES. SAY?
a very sad looking police man: Drug free.
Punk: Exactly, so i'm a little offended about the dog right now.
Copper: Um...okay, well, here's your warning, have a nice day
Punk: Go gently caress yourself.

Also the part at the top of the page where his mood says crushed, his music says G-Unit (spelled Gunit), and his post title is from a Jay-Z song.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I want to see CM Punk fight noted Pedro Sauer black belt Bryan "Chico" Alvarez

I want to see Punk fight noted indie wrestler Vincent Verhei.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yep. At least they made up stupid dumb lies about winning non-existent martial arts tournaments and not just a victory over a civil servant,

I would pay a lot of money to see Punk fight that cop in UFC.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Sphinxster posted:

Gumgor's record is padded with unsanctioned Godzilla fights

With a name change he could make his UFC debut as "Kaiju Magnet" Punk.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MrSmokes posted:

CM Punk sucks

Let's go Punk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

punk drink the beer

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Chris Jericho knows 1,004 holds and 502 of them are armbars so he would probably be good at MMA

I would pay an unreal amount of money to see Chris Jericho fight Dean Malenko in UFC.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

CM Punk is going to kill a man with his bare hands on live tv

And validate straight edge in front of millions of people, oh no poo poo Dave Huckaba

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

making GBS threads his pants in the octagon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

LOOK IN MY EEEEEYYYYYYES
WHAT DO YOU SEE
I'VE poo poo MY PANTS ON PPV

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 5, 2016

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DannoMack posted:

When you see "ppv" do you hear it in your head as "pee pee vee"?

oldpainless posted:

Poop
Piss
Vomit

Yes to both of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Skip My Posts posted:

People are gonna be so salty if he wins just like they were when Brock won and became the most popular fighter in UFC history

After winning a match he'll turn to the crowd and shout "WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY!"

He'll do this after losing, too.

• Locked thread