Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Punk'll be okay, he comes from a legit jiu jutsu background and is mentally tough as well.

He just might not be, y'know, good at it. But he won't get murdered or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oatgan posted:

don't actually read posts

or make any, while we're at it

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RBX posted:

Why the gently caress is this 47 pages and going.

Because MMA fans are butthurt about a WRASSLOR being in their sport and wrestling fans are butthurt that he's going to get creamed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DannoMack posted:

Could CM Punk beat the wrestler I created on n64 when I was 10? He was an army guy with punches.

read this as "armless guy with punches"

was very confused

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

1st AD posted:

Yeah there is, it's just that a professional grappler makes less money than a Batista.

Yeah I know that's a wider discrepancy but I wanted to make the joke :smith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sionistic posted:

They weren't so much as close, more like Punk wasn't afraid to talk to Vince, and Vince usually will listen to someone who talks to him.

Counterpoint: A guy coming up from NXT was told repeatedly, "Whatever you do, don't talk to Vince."

Seeing Vince in the hallway, his wrestler's training kicked in and he introduced himself for a handshake. (This is absolutely required of workers, it shows respect and enforces you can trust them with your safety in the ring.)

He was fired the next day.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
2015 and there's still people making bad posts on the forums? wow

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe CM Punk the guy who likes loving with people married someone who likes loving with people and they are loving with people while loving because Punk was backstage at Raw and he's gonna face Brock at Mania.

gently caress

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bart Gunn was KOed in 15 seconds.

Cumulating in one of the greatest knockout slomos in the history of video where Bart's head wobbles in circles like a punch-out character on his way to the mat.

Twenty years later and to this very day, my friend and I refer to decisive knockouts as getting "Bart Gunn'd".

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

No Brawl for All chat is complete without mentioning that Bart Gunn was expected to put up a fight against Butterbean based on a couple knockouts against people with no legit shoot fighting experience. Things ended as one would assume.

And no mention of that is complete without this:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MysteryNad posted:

Punk is going to have a fight against a complete can. He's going to win and look bad while doing it. Afterward he'll say he still has a lot to work on and imply that he may some day have another fight. Two years later it still hasn't happened and everyone has forgotten he ever had an MMA career.

So he gets to gently caress around on national TV and get paid for it, is already financially secure, doesn't have to worry about saving face, no longer has to worry about rear end-eating staph infections, and gets to go home to AJ Lee regardless.

Livin' the dream :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
How the hell did we get to championship discussion? It felt kind of like the thread went:

"I dunno Punk might not be a bad fighter"
"What? He'll never even get a championship shot"
"I didn't say anything about the championship, I just said—"
"What are you TALKING about HE'S NOT CHAMPIONSHIP MATERIAL I use CAPITAL letters"

Anyway I love this whole thing because people mad :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

That punch is my favorite punch in the history of watching guys getting punched, even more than the time Tyson knocked Berbick down three times with one uppercut.

Counterpoint:

(that will never stop being funny, ever)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sanguinia posted:

Puder's situation is interesting to me because it seems like Vince could have gone either way and saw the kid as exactly the kind of ruthless cut-throat who will do anything to be a big star and make money that he seems to want when he whines that the Millennials aren't grabbing the Brass Ring. Instead he just saw a punk going into business for himself who needed to be broken for it.

That reaction was pretty much guaranteed. Putting aside the fact that Vince decided to wreck his semi-reality show at the last minute because the guy who won (Loki) dared to celebrate unscripted in "his ring," there is nevertheless an unwritten rule in pro wrestling that you do not go into business for yourself, and especially not on live TV. To highlight this, Butterbean, who provided the greatest WWE shoot fight memory of all time, actually wanted to get into pro wrestling and saw Brawl for All as his chance. He actively told Vince he would throw the fight, but Vince insisted it be a shoot, and then Bart Gunn. Afterwards he got the cold shoulder from everyone for daring to humiliate one of the boys on a ppv even though he was basically told to do so.

Puder was doomed the moment he tried to break Angle's arm and he should've just left the business after that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Keg posted:

UFC 200 and 202 will be the finest crossover period for WWE and fight fans ever since Butterbean gave Bart Finn brain damage in the finals for Brawl For All.

We really do need a trigger or something in PSP that posts the bobblehead knockout GIF whenever WWE and shoot fighting is mentioned on the same page.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I would like to see the CM Punk punch man. Yes. Then get punched in return.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

JOHN CENA posted:

She is under contract to WWE essentially forever. By retiring, her contract is currently frozen.

If that's the case, I would be shocked if AJ ever went back, even if Punk did. She was one of their best workers/personalities and got treated like garbage. The WWE is a hellhole to work in but especially so for female talent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

goat

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Punk's gonna get clobbered, shrug, then go back to relatively quiet obscurity with his beautiful wife and gigantic piles of money

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I still don't know which I want more, to bust a gut laughing at CM Punk getting lit up or the delicious :salt: if he wins

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DannoMack posted:

He can probably do a handful of mma things better now than he could in 2014.

such as get knocked out :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

projecthalaxy posted:

MMA fights are supposed to get called off when one fighter "cannot intelligently defend himself", right?

Then why would they let the fight start?

Technically the fight has to start before it can end. They may not have enough time to call it before Punk dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fushin posted:

If what he says is true, Dana called him before he really thought about what he wanted to do next. Punk was still finishing up the lawsuit over royalties with WWE.

"Hey want to get paid a couple mil to get knocked senseless in front of all of America"

"meh why not"

• Locked thread