Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
This is amazing if only to bring the world one step closer to resolving the greatest Punk feud of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBlNnJlgu8w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Gotta hope they show a blow-by-blow in court of him pooping himself in that one match

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Why is this happening in the ufc? What was Dana thinking. Is this how he envisioned it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

He certainly seemed like he was to people backstage at WWE and the media. So he is to people who aren't a physical threat to him or if they are would be committing career suicide by doing something about it.

He's probably smart enough to watch his mouth around a bunch of people that could kick the poo poo out of him, especially when part of their job is to put the gloves on 2-3 times a week and punch him in the face.

I'd be a dickhead too if I had to work for that absolutely toxic dumpster fire of a company.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this guy got a signing bonus to pay for back surgery and has had years of accident insurance at an mma gym for free, that's a cool scam

nobody is as good at clowning their employers like cm punk

best in the world

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I hope he never fights and gets lots of time to gently caress around and get free medical care

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I hope Chick Magnet Punk never fights but instead sits forever just on the verge of fighting. I want his first fight to be 2 months away forever.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

astrollinthepork posted:

lol what does do co-writer mean in this context? That they can slap his name on the cover in hopes of selling 10 more issues a month?

It's more like Marvel assigned one of their writers for him to screen his ideas through cause he's never written comics before. It turns out he's actually pretty good so far though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Here's Punk attempting to put an armbar submission on someone not fighting him:

This doesn't inspire much confidence, does it?

Hmmmm not seeing the problem, maybe if you added a bunch of buttzooms and rapid cuts so I can see where you're coming from?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Tr33 posted:

There's that, but after that last podcast he did with Austin a year or so ago, I actually think he has some sort of weird crippling social anxiety and doing it a few times a year instead of daily keeps him from losing his poo poo.

I don't know about social anxiety but holy poo poo did Lesnar love vodka and pills by the bucketful

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Can 15 years of imaginary training really be put to use?

It can.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CM Punk is going to kill a man with his bare hands on live tv

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CM Punk is gonna G2S that guy so hard that his head is gonna pop off like a goddamn rock em sock em robot

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

If you practice doing anything for a year and half you better be more than ok at it by the end

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Buddy let me tell you CM punk is going to win and win big

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Life

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I dunno, he goes to the gym to the MMA equivalent of astronaut camp every day then heads home to his hot wife to sit on a throne made of money and write comic books for Marvel. Oh and he's a Cubs fan in 2016.

I'm guessing he's a pretty happy guy.

My favorite part about this whole thing is how mad fightnerds are about this filthy casual invading their noble sport

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Helicity posted:

I work with a guy who's legit mad at CM Punk coming in and "taking up a spot on the card that someone else deserves", and from that I will extrapolate that all MMA fans are pants-making GBS threads mad about this turn of events.

One of my coworkers proclaimed that his fighting "sets a bad precedent" and "reflected poorly on UFC" lmao

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Man it's just analysis. Don't you have space station 13 to play

I don't know what that is!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Eat Bum Zen posted:

we both know that's a lie. cmon man

Sorry I still don't know!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Idk if this is old news but today on reddit Joe Lauzon said that he heard Punk has lost all 12 smokers he's been in. How can he not pull out if that is true?

I like Punk a lot and hope he does well, but this just seems like egomaniacal insanity. The only plausible explanation is that both he and the UFC know he's gonna get murdered but its a good payday

Pay me a million bucks and you can beat the poo poo outta me all day

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Meltzer was a lot more tolerable before that one time he roidraged, snapped his tether, and killed two handlers at an ROH show

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

RZApublican posted:

Dan Quinn is this without the steroids and I'm pretty sure he would still beat CM Punk in a strikes-only gig at the Vagos Clubhouse.

With hands?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Who do you think would win in a fight Punk or Doobie?

Does Doobie get to wear his sweet trucker helmet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

So, no chance at all then.

No chance at all. v:shobon:v

Hm, one might say you have No Chance

No Chance In Hell

You Got