Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
To hopefully avoid splitting discussion between the UFC and WWE threads, here's a new thread.

What we know:
-eight-fight deal
-supposed to fight in 2015
-fighting at either middleweight or welterweight
-nothing else

Punk will be interviewed by Ariel Helwani on FS1 at 1am EST, after the UFC 181 PPV.

Meat Recital fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Who's the worst middleweight/fat welterweight in the UFC? Is Amir Sadollah still around?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So CM Punk is either gonna be fed nobodies so UFC can use his name as much as possible or he's going to get loving demolished, right? Like...he's not in a good way as it is.

Both.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

I'm just trying to cite precedent for such a clusterfuck of a fight that the UFC is going to line up for him but I totally agree it is dumb

Remember when Dana said 3-1 pro fighter Kimbo Slice would have to earn his way in to UFC by competing in TUF?

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Spermgod posted:

kinda surprising no freakshow japanese mma promotion has ever done a 3 way match tbh

3 way fighting is reserved for freak show american promotions

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I want to see Ben Askren fight,

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what does cm stand for

literally Chick Magnet

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Why do people use the term "Tomato can" to refer to people who are bad at fighting?

you hit them and red stuff comes out. thats it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

fatherdog posted:

There are no-names fighting on the undercard of literally every ppv. In all likelihood Punk's first couple matches are going to be on the televised prelims.

His first fight is going to be a big enough novelty that they're going to want it on PPV. After that, who knows.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Fatherdog, you're a middleweight, right? You should fight CM Punk.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
me and arf will buy a part of your fight banner. it will contain one of my posts.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

As you can see, the kick missed and Del Rio took a dive. Otherwise he would have won handily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

gimpsuitjones posted:

Royce/Sakuraba

Royce/Sakuraba was for the real fight that got me in to MMA.

• Locked thread