Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dan Didio posted:

Krazy Horse put on a dominant performance against a fellow combat sports athlete.

You mean the KJ Noons fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Punk said Edgar won based on Octagon Control.

"Did Aldo take a step forward the entire fight?"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

And Punk should have noticed when the cop went to the window for his license (which, by the way, didn't Allison Danger drive?)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Actually, everything I've ever heard about Steve Blackman paints him as legit. What if Daniel Craig wants to fight the Great Khali? Come to think of it, Khali would make a great Blofeld henchman.

Khali was in the Get Smart movie, so yeah, I guess

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Happy Happyist posted:

Alberto Del Rio fought in a modified lucha mask, so maybe!

That was Japan

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

That might be Leben vs Terry Martin?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gaz2k21 posted:

Didnt that "Evolution of punk" Documentary air tonight?? did anyone watch it (I'm in the UK so it wasn't an option as far as i know)

It did. He got worked pretty thoroughly in his first smoker and everyone at Roufus Sport had dejected "we've made a huge mistake" looks on their faces as Some Dude Named Craig tapped Punk twice

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Also Ben Askren hit a Stone Cold Stunner on Punk at the end of a grappling practice and everyone laughs except Phil who is all "gently caress me!"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

keep this on the DL since my fam over at uproxx are gonna include it in a write-up of the episode, but i love y'all

https://vine.co/v/5htJj0L27he

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't think it's hyperbolic to say Sage Northcutt is twice as fast as CM Punk. It would be like Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin played out again except when Forrest said it was like trying to beat up his father it would this time be the extremely Christian teenage son beating the poo poo out of his slow confused dad

Matt Hughes nods in approval

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Poor Gary Goodridge :(

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

if you haven't seen the documentary, these are really all you need to watch:

https://streamable.com/mnfs

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/768598306624770050

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Why do people seem to think Punk doesn't have as much money as he wants?

Conor McGregor taught us that a good training camp costs 300k. And that's just 3 months, and Conor was already good.

Punk must have spent 5 milli on this.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Unless it's Frankie Edgar skipping breakfast to make 155, I would guess any weight cut for Punk would be bad since he's never done one.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

dromal phrenia posted:

MMA fighter Mickey Gall, who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page

Justin Gaethje vs Punk would be a loving delight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It isn't unusual but most guys do. Yves Edwards was the master of weigh in staredowns though.

Best weigh-in tactic is to share snacks

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgHsEJhdGAY

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

How many horsewomen would it take to beat Punk?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't Mike Jackson also literally a photographer they offered a duffel bag full of cash to do a fight

He's done kickboxing (maybe just ammy?) in addition to photography/journalism

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

maybe have a TUF for the right to help train CM Punk.
Do a TUF where its only Punk. He gets all these famous MMA guys come in and train him. At the end of each week, he has a smoker against some rando 0-0 dude to show off what he's learned.

Wasn't that Bellator's Fight Master?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Short of them just signing someone straight out of a UFC gym I really don't see it

i would be forced to cheer for cm punk if he fought platinum mike perry and that's just terrible

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

that's forrest griffin talking about the time he fought anderson silva and got obliterated, but punk did even worse than that

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

he's got the right kind of brain damage

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I wish the fartsucker guy was forced to read all of this thread and it was the only place in the forum he could post in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Who even knows with how little personality fighters get to show? Matt Riddle is one of the hottest things going in indie wrestling and I don't think anybody who saw his fight career would have guessed that would happen.

guy that smokes a ton of weed (like rvd, matt sydal) and doesn't actually connect with his punches is a big wrestling star?

whom indeed would have thunked such a thing

• Locked thread