Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I know nothing about wrestling but the name CM Punk rings a bell. He is apparently friends with my main man Chael Sonnen (see AV) and this means I will like him. Good for him if he can parlay his poo poo into other ventures. God drat I hope he knows how to fight though.

Here is a video of Chael Sonnen for you people who do not know him -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpT2W4zRzzM

Here is a video of what happens when you don't know how to fight (a real live navy seal!) and step into a real fight - (Saunders vs. Wolff) - Please, everyone, watch this and think about this Punk fellow and what could happen.

http://www.ufc.com/media/Saunders-vs-Wolff-UFN-16-Prelim-Fight

He also does a lot of those Gracie how to's.

Say what you like about him, Punk's going to have the greatest advice anyone can get before being brutally murdered live on PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk's pretty much my favorite wrestleman and he's going to get killed and I don't know how to accept that.

Seriously, he lost a slapfight to Teddy Hart back in his indy days, I don't want to see him get bloodied in UFC. :(

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bunch of marks looking for the big payday.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

no one feels insecure about mma. no one is going to be upset if cm punk wins a fight or is good.

Not really an MMA guy but wasn't there a bunch of MMA fans throwing hissyfits when Brock was champion?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Actually the best for is that Punk copies the fighting style of Jushin "Thunder" Liger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGiIc50-SEc

Forward flip heel kick opening gambit all the way.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

It probably would have served Brock a lot better if he hadn't been pushed right to the top of the line. It really says a lot for him that he *still* managed to do as well as he did while basically fighting top-ish guys and learning as he went. Dude's a freak.

Again not much of a MMA guy, but from watching his fights his style was "Be a gigantic freak of nature, sit on my opponents and hit them until they stop moving" yes?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope the find that fat confused guy who nearly beat Batista with little to no notice for the fight.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Spermgod posted:

it must suck to be really invested in the idea of mma as a pure sport

It is basically just Shoot Pro Wrestling and as worked Pro Wrestling has taught us we do not get invested in Pro Wrestling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yuriy posted:

good joke

We should not but do because we are the marks.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what does cm stand for

Christmas Man.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

So like does he get introduced by Bruce Buffer as CM Punk or does he go by his real name, or is his real name CM Punk? Also that's a pretty bad name.

His nickname as a kid was Punk, he did backyard wrestling with a guy who wanted to call himself Chick Magnet Venom so Punk became Chick Magnet Punk. Then CM Punk.

He tried to drop the CM Part but it stuck. Plus he hosed a lot of women. They'll probably use CM Punk since nobody is dropping money on the UFC career of Philip Brooks.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SaberToothedPie posted:

WWE signing Lebron would be awesome, imagine a 6'9'' dude doing dives and moonsaults.

Is he a proper fat oval office tho?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yuriy posted:

i genuinely don't think he can do a full training camp without injury

he's broken down and mma is grueling

Batista was worse off when he started and he passed.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Y'all are going to look really stupid when Punk's going on his fifth year of holding all the UFC belts at the same time.

fart blood posted:

Part of me thinks this is all a big work and CM Punk is going to do in UFC what Andy Kaufman did in Memphis 30 years ago. (Only, ya know, not the "beating up women" part.)

Rousey would probably tap Punk.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I love punk and am irrationally stoked about him being involved with UFC, I just can't imagine any way this doesn't turn out absolutely cringeworthy in regards to him actually fighting. Punk on UFC commentary would be insanely good though

Punk doing literally anything in UFC apart from fighting would probably be a great, long lasting asset to the UFC.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Commentating is really really hard, watch any b-league MMA show for examples. Or Goldie half the time tbqf

Punk was a very, very good wrestling commentator. Chances are that Punk would be a good MMA announcer.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Commentator, even.

Punk's biggest asset is that he's really good at talking, he's been watching MMA for over a decade at least, he has experience in commentating, chances are that he'd be a good MMA commentator.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

Admittedly, I don't know a thing about the UFC, but isn't it a huge liability for them to let a man with double-digit concussions and obliterated knees get into the octagon? I mean, obviously Punk wouldn't sue, but you'd think he'd have a very difficult time getting medically cleared to fight at all.

eta: i am interested in watching a man die live on ppv however

Money to be made, let the man fight/ Die horribly chasing his dreams 15 years too late and far above his station even if he had started on time.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Puppy Doll posted:

All this on the heels of Punk publicly condemning how fast the WWE was to clear him after concussions. Obviously clearing someone hurt is different than clearing someone on a lot of drugs, but jeez. Talk about throwing rocks on your way to a shiny new glass penthouse.

Are we going to get into a "Wrestling/UFC is the scummiest" debate? Because wrestling wins by a country mile.

Also Punk has a full blown MRSA that WWE refused to even acknowledge and he probably would have died from when he quit WWE.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

The CM Punk will get beat up by a fat dad for a million US dollars.

But enough about his feud with Jericho.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's going to be so funny when CM Punk wins all his matches by judges decision.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And a much larger bank account by the end of it, I'd imagine.

How much will CM Punk's can be paid? Because if it's big enough then I wish to throw my hat into the "I will Fight CM Punk" club.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Make Punk tap with ether a Chinese burn or a nipple cripple while demanding that he whistle.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrwTVsckmI

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

Can't wait for this guy to get his rear end brutally kicked

I can't wait for Punk to win by Judges decision and I get to see all the tear soaked posts on here.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Seltzer posted:

No UFC fan is gonna care if carny man punk wins against his freshly picked organic tomato can opponent. Some people will be rooting for him to get his rear end beat, but if he pulls off a simple dec vs a really lovely fighter no one will give a gently caress.

Look at you, already making excuses. :smugbert:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
CM Punk will win his fight with the GTS, prove that MMA is a load of predetermined nonsense and prove that the only true fighting style is Professional wrestling.

Holla if you hear me.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk has dropped a lot of mass since leaving the WWE. And not just in baseball sized balls of puss.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DannoMack posted:

Look at his stupid nipples and handsome face

He'll only have one of those after his first fight.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

He's a great talker, he had great matches when he was a wrestler, without him paving the way for indy wrestlers in WWE It's debatable if a bunch of wrestlers would have even gotten a look in, NXT in it's current form might not even be a thing, he's a legit funny guy, his wife is amazing and he put the shits up WWE so much that they're pursuing a bunch of stupid legal cases vindictively that they'll probably lose.

So why not?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yuriy posted:

I guess I'm at a loss how any of those things except for the talking bits translate over to mma or him as a person

In MMA he's in over his head and going to die. I've come to terms with that.

But outside of that he's pretty cool. I know you don't like him but that's been true since he was a wrestler.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Y'all MMA guys are weird as gently caress.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Punk is ok and I respect the fact that he's a talented wrestler but alot of his fans overlook the fact that he's one of the biggest whiners on earth. It's pretty incredible how much he can bitch about a company that made him a millionaire and I wouldn't be surprised if exaggerated a large portion of his Colt Cabana interview.

You don't get how employer/ employee relationships work, do you?

Punk made the WWE far more than than they paid him. Thats capitalism.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Clearly Punk helped them out alot too. I wasn't trying to say the WWE made him who he is or whatever, but there wasn't another company he would have made 7 figures annually to wrestle (you can't make that in Japan can you? I know you can do well there but I'm not exactly sure how well)

That's still no reason to be thankful. WWE needs stars to make them money to make them able to pay seven figures and Punk made himself a far bigger star than WWE wanted him to be.

Ribsauce posted:

Punk seems like the type of guy who is you were in charge and said "Hey, how are you doing, any problems going on, everything OK?" he would just mumble 'yea, I am fine" and walk away, then tell other people "They had me wrestling with a broken leg, concussion, cancer, and MRSA and they loving knew it! What assholes"

Well you'd be wrong, Punk's never been known to keep his opinions to himself.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Vincent is the most passive aggressive man in wrestling. Perhaps the world.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair to Vince he had a childhood that was like a Garth Ennis character backstory that even he thinks is outlandish.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

"I grew up in a trailer park in which I was molested by my stepfather who died before I could kill him, I got beaten up a lot by black people on a nearby military base, I wanted to gently caress my cousin and stuff her full of leaves, and then I became a millionaire and have literally had human toys to play with and discard for decades while I did lots of coke. I'm well adjusted!"

Actually his stepfather just beat him with a pipe wrench until he was 14. His mum was the one who molested him. And he did stuff leaves in that girl's vagina.

We're lucky he's not a prolific serial killer tbh.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Women just love that skinny fat heroin addict look.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

No Brawl for All chat is complete without mentioning that Bart Gunn was expected to put up a fight against Butterbean based on a couple knockouts against people with no legit shoot fighting experience. Things ended as one would assume.

Wrestling still operates under the belief that whoever can lift the heaviest thing is automatically the best at fighting.

Edit: actually, that's not true, they operate under the belief that whoever looks like they can lift the heaviest thing is automatically the best at fighting.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hulk Hogan is going to revive his wrestling career as well as his Pride fighting career by stepping into the Octagon and introducing Punk to the largest arms in the world, Brother.

• Locked thread