Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

I really hope CM Punk succeeds.

CM Punk legit doing a Brock Lesnar would be hilarous as well and piss HHH and Vince even more so it's what I hope for most as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

That might have been what it originally was but it having black and female leads was a pretty big deal to douche bags for real

http://www.returnofkings.com/76356/star-wars-lost-4-2-million-because-of-our-reporting-that-identified-it-as-sjw-propaganda
Saying it was a thing because RoK complained about it like saying a tweet with a single favorite means something. 20 people cared, so what?

It was a 4chan troll along with "Star Wars is racist/sexist because Finn is black and stormtroopers are Nazis, and that's the white man sin" or "Jar Jar binks"

Jerusalem posted:

I've also seen a lot of people furious about the lead being a female, with accusations that she's a Mary Sue because she's somehow competent at surviving after a lifetime spent fending for herself in a desert.

Max Landis, is a lot of things, one of them apparently a sexist.

Like I've seen tons of racist and sexist pushback over Ibris possibly being the next Bond or whenever a woman/poc is recast in a previous male role, but the days of people being outraged purely by black people getting movies is a thing of the past.

• Locked thread