Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

MassRafTer posted:

UFC did some market research after his first fight that indicated 300,000 of the buys were from people who had never bought a UFC show before.

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Judges are independent and the UFC has no sway over their oftentimes terrible decisions.

This, and the problem is incompetence not corruption.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

State government run, Athletic Commissions.

Refs as well

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Free ain

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

SO I don't watch UFC, how hosed is Punk?

If he fights someone halfway decent? Very. They won't put him against someone who is decent though.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Punk has a career of wear on his body without the skill to show for it. There is a very real chance he might lose to the sack of poo poo they pair him with

His wear and tear makes me less concerned for his actual performance in the cage then it does his ability to make it through a training camp.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

One of my favorite things is you can tell who is an mma fan by if they put the word the in front of UFC or not.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yuriy posted:

Counterpoint: wrassle posters

Is their money green?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

david carmichael posted:

in brightest day in blackest night
never shall i watch a fight
cm punk i will white knight
YOU WILL ALL SEE IM RIGHT

Hahahaha

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Jason Funk posted:

wrestling terms such a mark, no-sell, gimmick, and pop are part of my daily vernacular thank you very much :crossarms:

When did you accept your perpetual virginity

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Seltzer posted:

It's gonna be the posting in the GDT

I think we already had spillover when people were angry the JDS fight wasn't a split.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

"How are things at work son, your father and I know you've been working hard, have you found out about that floor lead promotion?"
"Ugh I got jobbed again, creative had Jerry go over."
"You mean your manager".
"I've worked my rear end off getting over with the crowd.."
"Customers"
"And been there years and they put Jerry over because creative likes his look..."
"He went to college"
"So I decided to grab the brass ring and cut a heel promo on the crowd then they future endeavored me because they don't like workers getting over on their own"
"So son what you're saying is you aren't moving out this decade"

Lol

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

What do cargo shorts have to do with mma and what's wrong with new balances

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

origami posted:

I have a bad back and new balances help my posture. Hasn't helped the orange glow but what are you going to do?

Just don't skip leg day and stay away from sluts

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

He should have just fought back since it turns out cro coo is a sub frank Mir level talent

You shut your mouth

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that was actually the first of those 3 matches posted yesterday i watched. cormier seemed to basically maul him. i also noticed cormier was undefeated, what's his deal? he seems pretty cool too

His deal is that he's really good at fighting. He is cool. In a few weeks he will be fighting Jon Jones, who is also really good at fighting but is not cool at all.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I still think this is the dumbest view of Brock and based mostly on "got knocked silly by two of the hardest hitting heavyweights" and Bas Rutten making way too much about a training partner not wanting to give details about a training camp. The dude reacted better than anyone else reacted to getting hit by Shane Carwin, he didn't go unconscious.

When Carwin caught Brock he covered up and backpedaled into the fence, against Cain he started cowering when Cain started landing. Against Overeem he straight up doubled over at the waist into almost a standing fetal position when in trouble, which is kind of a natural reaction that a fighter should learn to break, like closing your eyes. Brock not reacting well to getting hit is a real, observable thing.

Dangersim fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 6, 2015

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Shane Carwin and Cain hit really god drat hard. Overeem kicked him in his weakest point and in general liver shots hurt like hell. What was he going to do against Carwin, stand there and inform him that he'd like another?

Shelling up and running away essentially is asking for another. He should have tied up or shot, literally anything other then what he did. Carwin caught JDS with a shot that left JDS not knowing where he was, but he kept his composure and didn't panic.

With Overeem I'm not talking about the final liver kick, yeah there was nothing he could do about that. There are 2 occasions where Overeem gets him with good knees and Brock again just shells up and lets Reem get hard punches off.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

He did try to shoot after Carwin hurt him, this led to Carwin hurting him more. In the Overeem fight I thought he reacted like a lot of inferior strikers would against him, especially someone who was planning to retire after the fight. Even there I think he tried a really lovely takedown. His heart clearly wasn't in it based on everything we know about that fight. That's probably a sign he shouldn't come back to fight but the dude likes money and maybe he's convinced himself his guts are better now.

It's possible he did try to shoot on Carwin, it's been some time since I've seen it. Against Overeem I don't believe he did, he just kinda flailed and tried to get away. He tried a takedown early, got deep on a single, but Overeem started to grab his guillotine and Brock noped the gently caress out of there as fast as he could.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I don't see how an exhausted Aerts getting finished has anything to do with what I said.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Do any of the wrestling posters make jokes, which are funny, or do they just get into horrific, confusing arguments

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:stare:

Sometimes I go into the wrestling threads and amused when people talk about his the most wildly successful promoter in history has no idea what he's doing

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Mystery Opponent posted:

A poster in this very thread said that Punk's extensive experience in fake fighting will help him in the UFC because how hard would it be to just not hold back on the punches

I thought it was very funny and laughed

That doesn't even make sense, how would that help him

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Like most of the "jokes" I see are someone repeating a line from 1997 or something

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

It's not funny though

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Z-packs work great for when you have some mild bronchitis and poo poo like thar, mrsa is serious poo poo beyond what it's designed for

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Aurain posted:

MRSA is so bad that when it's found in hospitals over here, the media have panic attacks, and for once, they might be fairly rational (by media standards) to do so.

I was an EMT in my younger days. I remember showing up at a house on the ambulance and as soon as we went in the cops who were already there starting yelling "Gloves, gloves, gloves!" Then one of them said "she's got mrsa" and the all the experienced guys made oh poo poo faces.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

So the reason we're running out of working antibiotics is because of the WWE and the doctors of the posters in this thread throwing Z-paks at people like candy.

Yeah drat those docters, giving medicine to sick people

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

My name is Z-Pak and I'm here to say
I'm entirely inappropriate for MSRA

it's pronounced "mersa"

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

There are more cool fyad guys into wrestling than there are into mma, that's how i judge which is cooler

Dunc is ours and the the coolest though

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Goldberg played in the nfl so that means he's at least super athletic

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Daniel Bryan said he would be interested in doing professional grappling after he retires from wrestling, maybe we can get him and Goldberg!!!

There is no such thing as "professional grappling" unless you're one of the top guys in the world

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I guess it's possible but it would be tough to live off Naga winnings and katana prizes

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Keg posted:

mma posters have to say 1 nice thing about wrestling posters and vice versa starting now

Wrestling posters have lots of good stories about carny wrestler's which I enjoy

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

uncleKitchener posted:

Sending a total rookie to a cage to get beaten isn't fun anyway.

Pride was cool though?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

where does the term "smoker" come from

I don't know but my guess would be because they often took place in smoky bars

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

If this was pride he'd fight wanderlei or crocop

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Dana has kind of hinted that it was because he couldn't pass a drug test.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I've seen someone ask Dana about Kurt and he said "We invited him to be on The Ultimate Fighter, but he couldn't pass his physical". The reporter asked, "Do you mean he couldn't pass a drug test?" And Dana kinda smirked and said "He couldn't pass his physical, that's all I'm going to say".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Have him fight matt brown, with a camera on Vince sitting cageside

• Locked thread