Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm finding it hard to believe Punk didn't think his podcast would blow up the internet a week before this announcement.

CM Punk for Promoter of the Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

rovert posted:

Haven't caught up on my timeline but seemingly no one under WWE contract has said a peep?
Rey did.
http://instagram.com/p/wSm4mvJM43/

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He also downplayed the sponsorship stuff way more than he did in the Art of Wrestling interview. One of his biggest beefs there was Brock coming in with his own sponsors after he brought the idea to Vince and how he wasn't making the money he thinks he should be.

Then when it comes to the Reebok deal he's 'glad he doesn't have to pay someone to deal with sponsors' and 'if Reebok pays me 2500 for my first fight its 2500 I didn't have before.'
That was also his ~2013 opinion. By 2014 he was willing to let WWE steal his uncashed check.
I think he sees UFC as free money and doesn't really care too much now.

But imagine if they lured him into a lowball contract with the suggestion he'd make a killing on sponsors.

• Locked thread