Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dana said this yesterday:

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/12/dana-white-to-discuss-ufc-fight-with-cm-punk-says-ex-wwe-star-will-be-at-ufc-181

quote:

“He’s not a guy that we would do what we did with Brock; we threw Brock right to the wolves,” White said. “Brock started fighting all the top heavyweights in the world because of his wrestling background.

“CM Punk, we would bring him in just like any regular fighter, and he would fight a guy with a similar record to his, which is 0-0.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The ironic thing here is that Punk could see this as an opportunity to make his stock rise then waltz back into WWE on a part-time schedule like Brock...but he might get so hosed up that he'll never be able to pass a WWE physical again

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

CM Punk already made his stock rise.

If he went back yesterday, there's no way they would have given him a part-time schedule. If he makes himself an attraction outside of WWE, they might allow it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

Time for punk to divorce AJ and get with Ronda Rousey, right?

Will Vince allow AJ to walk her husband to the Octagon?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I got into MMA because of Brock. Went to sports bars to watch his fights, had to deal with mouth-breathers wearing Affliction shirts who pissed all over the bathroom and had all the manners you would expect from inbreds.

Brock stopped fighting, I stopped caring about MMA.

I'm assuming Punk's run will be the same for myself and other wrestling fans.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bellator wants Del Rio and Lesnar

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/90045/ufc-not-the-only-mma-game-in-town-looking-at-professional-wrestlers.html?p=1

quote:

UFC NOT THE ONLY MMA GAME IN TOWN LOOKING AT PROFESSIONAL WRESTLERS

By Mike Johnson on 2014-12-07 12:00:21

Coming off UFC's announcement last night that they have signed former WWE champion CM Punk to a multi-fight contract kicking off in 2015,

PWInsider.com has learned that Bellator MMA is also looking into bringing in professional wrestlers for their MMA promotion.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with sources within SpikeTV and close to the Bellator promotion that a gameplan has been devised with the idea of bringing in current and former pro wrestlers to augment the Bellator roster, which currently features former TNA champion Bobby Lashley.

The idea, as it was explained, is to utilize the wrestlers' natural speaking ability as a way to create "storylines" and garner attention for the SpikeTV-owned MMA company.

Bellator's recent relaunch under former Strikeforce owner Scott Coker featured a number of pro wrestling-inspired elements.

While we cannot confirm any wrestlers have been contacted as of this writing, the two names that were floated to us as an example of the style and level of talents they would be looking at were Alberto Del Rio and Brock Lesnar.

Del Rio, who has fought MMA before, recently settled his breach of contract issues with WWE. Lesnar, a former UFC Heavyweight champion, is currently under a WWE contract until April 2015.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Doesn't D-Bry have more MMA training than Punk

I wonder if he'd ever make the jump

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cheap shot after Punk said "luck is for losers" last night?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So the odds of Punk training for 2 years and getting knocked out in his first fight are still high, right

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Punk is the Axl Rose of wrestling. He'll fall on his face, gain 50 lbs., then go crawling back to WWE in a few years

His first fight is Chinese Democracy

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did he die - why does this have 100 new posts

edit: I just went back a few pages HAHAHAHAHAHA

Get well soon

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Look in my eyes
What do you see?
The guy who's boning AJ Lee

I know your anger
I know your dreams
I've been everything you want to be
The guy who's boning AJ Lee

Phantom fight, straight edge lives
When a mirror speaks it's not because I'm high
You won't have to follow me
I'll get knocked out in Rounds 1 through 3

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RZApublican posted:

After winning a match he'll turn to the crowd and shout "WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY!"

He'll do this after losing, too.

KNOCK EDOUT

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

I love the story about the promoter who had a scrawny jobber named Davey Meltzer because thats how he pictured the guy until someone smartened him up and told him Big Dave was swole as gently caress.

The jobber actually did look like circa-1980s Meltzer face/hair wise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4CePe5ZvA

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DannoMack posted:

There's no way that weight cut thing is true

Skinny Fat rear end

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
http://deadspin.com/dana-white-tells-mickey-gall-to-use-harder-entrance-mus-1786384457

quote:

MMA fighter Mickey Gall, who doesn’t even have a Wikipedia page and will take on former WWE wrestler CM Punk at UFC 203, had planned to use Toni Basil’s “Mickey” at his entrance music Saturday. Clever, right? UFC president Dana White wasn’t on board.

In today’s episode of UFC 203 Embedded, Gall gets a phone call from White. The fighter tells everyone in the car that White “wants something harder” for Gall’s entrance song.

Gall doesn’t mention a replacement track, so it should be assumed that White will make him walk out to a dubstep remix of “Bodies” by Drowning Pool.

gently caress Dana

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When Punk gets knocked out does he come crawling back to wrestling, or does he sulk for the rest of his life like Ronda

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Look in my eyes

What do you see?

A soon-to-be retiree

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Ariel Helwani could kick Punk's rear end

Referee Herb Dean would absolutely destroy Punk

Joe Rogan vs. Punk in a MMA fight would be amazing

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

frankenfreak posted:

Counterpoint:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

Punk's hard-headed and not really doing poo poo for money, he ain't going back to wrestling anytime soon. Hell, I think despite a big loss tonight he might try his hand at MMA again even.

for Bellator

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Liquid Communism posted:

On the converse, he trained within driving distance of his house, rather than travelling all over everywhere to stand around in man panties in front of relatively tiny crowds.

He could have been a top guy in Japan or Mexico easy

Not sure if today hurt his stock badly in the wrestling world

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

If getting hosed in MMA hurt your stock Del Rio would never have made it to WWE.

...Del Rio was 9-5 in MMA

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tokelau All Star posted:

Yeah, I really hope he meant continuing his journey to doing something else and getting embarrassed.

It would be like the Mr. Perfect sport vignettes, but instead of being perfect at everything, he sucks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

does he have a win over a single respectable fighter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Kohler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I could tell after watching Punk's pre-fight workout that he was going to get destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4FDxcdQJsE

I mean, lol

• Locked thread