Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

DM Punk posted:

Time for punk to divorce AJ and get with Ronda Rousey, right?

This is completely in line with Punk's track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The Dana thing pretty much flat said he'll be fighting nobodies, so yeah.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

AlmightyPants posted:

As someone who knows almost nothing about UFC, do they let their fighters cut promos? I don't care if Punk wins or loses, I just want him to have an open mic.
Yup

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Am I a monster for thinking an MMA elimination chamber would be cool as hell?

Only if one of the pods contains THE MONSTER MENG.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It probably would have served Brock a lot better if he hadn't been pushed right to the top of the line. It really says a lot for him that he *still* managed to do as well as he did while basically fighting top-ish guys and learning as he went. Dude's a freak.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Should get into a real pure sport, like pro wrestling.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

At this point I just want to see whatever main they're running with get bumped for a Punk vs Rousey exhibition. That'll make a million bucks out of curiosity, *and* it will set off all the bitchfit MMA purist dickheads. Win win.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Dangersim posted:

Bones actually heal quickly and well.

Depends on the break. That thing was pretty much Joe Theismann levels of ugly, and those can manage to never heal quite right.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Living Colour has never had a problem with tossing Cult of Personality around for use by anyone who wants to pay for it. It's not like WWE has an exclusive claim.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Aurain posted:

"No, you can't use our iconic and catchy song on your PPV that will sell gangbusters. We hate making money."

"We are Led Zeppelin."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not that Punk is or ever will be near the skills of Brock Lesnar, but I am reminded of how a good chunk of people were yelling for Brock to lose the duration of his MMA career because he was a Fake Wrestle Guy. Punk already has that going for him in that he'll draw in people who are curious and people who just want the Fake Wrestle Guy to get his head kicked off. Win win.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

"How are things at work son, your father and I know you've been working hard, have you found out about that floor lead promotion?"
"Ugh I got jobbed again, creative had Jerry go over."
"You mean your manager".
"I've worked my rear end off getting over with the crowd.."
"Customers"
"And been there years and they put Jerry over because creative likes his look..."
"He went to college"
"So I decided to grab the brass ring and cut a heel promo on the crowd then they future endeavored me because they don't like workers getting over on their own"
"So son what you're saying is you aren't moving out this decade"

What a mark.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Del Rio getting his head kicked off by Cro-cop (when he was good) speaks well of Del Rio on a few levels. Guy has balls, for one.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I want to see a Figure Four, since hell if that didn't legit hurt when my cousin put it on me when we were kids.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

There was that time Undertaker was asked if he would do MMA and he pretty much went "Would be all over it if I wasn't old."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I remember that Brock Lesnar got the same herp-a-doo here comes the fake wrestleman to infringe upon my glorious BJJ anger as Punk is now. Punk is not Brock Lesnar and will not take on Frank Mir in his second professional fight, followed by winning the World title two fights later, but it's all the same and it's still funny.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So it's the grown up version of "Put some 'Tussin on it."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Brock's WWE contract literally said he could not work "anywhere else in the universe" which will never stop being funny.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"I grew up in a trailer park in which I was molested by my stepfather who died before I could kill him, I got beaten up a lot by black people on a nearby military base, I wanted to gently caress my cousin and stuff her full of leaves, and then I became a millionaire and have literally had human toys to play with and discard for decades while I did lots of coke. I'm well adjusted!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Punk jumped from so many female wrestlers to the next that it started to get hilarious, so there was that too. Maybe he's with Ronda. And drinking heavily.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I clearly remember watching Butterbean vs Gunn with my uncle, who was in the middle of something about how it's all fake, blah blee blah. Then that happened, he stopped and went "That was not fake!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I stopped watching wrestling regularly in 2006 and one of the last things I actually remember was Sylvester Terkay showing up on Smackdown squashing jobbers with an MMA gimmick based on his NCAA wrestling background and fighting career in K-1, and that he was called "The Man-Bear."

And he finished people with a swank spinning backfist.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

This is just a reminder that Angle apparently wanted to go into MMA himself to the point where he got to the physical, and then it all stopped because they pretty much went "Dear god, you are dead. Like legally dead, you are held together with silly putty and obscene amounts of painkillers, please go to a hospital." Kurt Angle is insane.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Looks like a cross armbreaker...except he was on the wrong side, so Jericho also got the Greco-Roman rear end to Head.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Roman Reigns posted:

I think most of the best matches the WWE has had the past few years featured Punk.

And the company fired him on his wedding, after taking time off to treat a giant flesh eating pimple in his rear end that was life threatening.

Then they made a Zapruder film to try and disprove said flesh eating pimple on his rear end.

http://t.co/qRQdxekfON

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He's already said himself that it's win win, he either does well and anyone who likes him gets to see it, or he gets beaten silly and anyone who hates him gets to see it. I would say something about the indifferent, but people seem *just so mad* about it all, that doesn't look like the case.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Seth Rollins KO (Muay Thai Knee, :35 Round 1) C.M. Punk.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

They also haven't known how to do that new rising star thing in a decade.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He could employ the dreaded Jon Jones hold my fingers out and let you stab yourself in the eyes with them plan. Except he probably isn't tall enough to make that work.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

But where's the kid picture of Mysterio?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

She had entertaining matches with Kaitlyn (who I don't think would be on anyone's short list of Top Women's Wrestlers Ever). But that might be because of Kaitlyn routinely folding her up like an accordion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acpDCjszasA

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'll have you know that in my vast experience wrestling with my cousins as a kid, the Figure Four hurts like a bitch and if Punk gets that bad boy on Gall is a dead man.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yessir, I surely believe that you made a punching motion to a Baltimore cop and didn't get a slug between the eyes, sure do

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He was born in 1978, so...26

pfffffffthaha

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Is it Title Defense Joe? That guy was mean.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Well, you'd give up too if you were a robber being chased down the road by a farm.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

On the other hand it meant Punk vs Undertaker which was really, really, really drat cool

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He was being pushed, but he wasn't being pushed as the tippy top headline guy like Cena and the Rock. So basically all Punk wanted was Ballerina Barbie in her pretty pink tutu. WWE got him Malibu Barbie, they all had to go.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, one thing he brought up on podcast was that he was drat near Cena's merch sales...which was very impressive since like 80% of what WWE actually stocks at shows is Cena merch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure I could deck him on that one and I have all the boxing skill of a turnip

• Locked thread