Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I can't remember but I think the source was bisping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Why would it be harsh? They gave him half a million dollars

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I should clarify here that my suggestion here isn't that CM Punk will draw 100,000+ PPV buys forever onwards and be the face of MMA, but rather that a guy who ever drew 100,000+ buys is enough to make MMA promoters prick up their ears

The comparison to Kimbo is that Kimbo never actually demonstrated an ability to sell a ticket to anything at all and was still able to get a co-main fighting a scrub idiot Bellator found on the internet, even years after being demonstrated as an incompetent trashman
I think you might be overestimating the number of leagues that can drop half a million dollars on one fighter

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I don't know if I'm missing the joke but they announced the line up for TUF and Punk isn't on it

• Locked thread