Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Who sucked worse before they signed with an mma org: Punk or Kimbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

I have compiled a comprehensive list of people in the UFC with less skill and experience than CM Punk:

Are we counting chinese fighters?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

Well, maybe they should have taken the money they're spending on a guy who has never fought before and has no skill set to speak of and use it to pay Ben enough to get him to come to the UFC instead of beating up asians for six figure paydays

Ben Askren is boring and no one in America wants to see him fight, much like the Klitchkos.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Yuriy posted:

I know "why" they did/are doing it, I absolutely hate it and don't think it's comparable to Brock who had an extremely strong wrestling pedigree

It's a bitch move that sounds like something out of the Strikeforce/Bellator play book

Pride never dies.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

K8.0 posted:

MMA is pure. Pure insanity. Pure stupidity. Pure homoeroticism.

To understand why some people might dislike the UFC signing CM Punk, I would compare it to if the WWE signed say... Lebron James. Yeah he's a great athlete and super popular so he'll bring views, but you can be drat sure he won't be able to work for poo poo. I don't give a poo poo because I love trainwrecks, but some people just want to see good fights.

WWE signing Lebron would be awesome, imagine a 6'9'' dude doing dives and moonsaults.

• Locked thread