Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I remember seeing Butterbean KO Bart Gunn when I was young and it might have been the first time I ever saw a dude get straight KO'd and understand what was happening enough to realise that Gunn wasn't okay so I thought Butterbean had killed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Huh, never knew Nakamura had fought in MMA.
He did pretty well for himself too. Cool stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure he's toeing the company line there but the answer to that question leads one to believe that Cena doesn't actually know the UFC isn't pro wrestling.

That being said, I don't think it's his real opinion either.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Does he beat the 45 seconds Mike Jackson lasted against Gall or no?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe a long standing back injury suddenly robbed us of the greatest fight of all time on short notice.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CM Punk is going to bring The Winds of Winter to the octagon with him for his first fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dying twice is kind of dire

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've never seen him do anything especially athletic in the matches of his I've seen, though I can't say I've seen his life's work. He's not like Cesaro or whatever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Punk: Your honour, I may have been at the crime scene and I may be the owner of the murder weapon and my DNA may be on the crime scene BUT WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY?
Judge: Wha-
Punk: WHAT. DO. MY. KNUCKLES. SAY?
Judge: They say "I didn't do it" in what appears to be pink highlighter. Case dismissed.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Al Bundy def CM Punk Round 1 0:30 Gogoplata

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please hold back so you don't hurt him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Meltzer says Punk's fight is happening in August or September

Brock is officially coming back AND fighting before Punk :lol:

I believe the context for the Aug/Sep date is that there's a reality show for FOX in production about CM Punk, which is probably going to be detailing his camp and prep for the fight.

"Episode 10 - A Dream Ends? - April is shocked when she checks Punk's leg to find an extremely yellow bruise on his thigh. Punk's dream hangs in the balance as doctors determine whether or not he will be able to make the walk to the octagon. (Series end)"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 5, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe every poster in this thread could defeat Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks in Mixed Martial Arts contest and at the video game Mario Kart 8.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

UFC 300: White vs McMahon will rule

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

he's a coward for sure. man can't even drink a beer

would a coward make up a story for livejournal about how he owned a fuckin' pig????? i think not!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 15 year old ankle injury is due to rear its head in 5... 4... 3...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I saw some link while toilet browsing a bit ago on facebook that says that Punk is going to debut at 203. I did not check to see if it was correct.

It's right. Confirmed it on the Serra podcast.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

exploding mummy posted:

it's been ongoing for about 2 years now.

The WHAT. DO. MY. KNUCKLES. SAY live journal is a good decade old too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'll do all of that for 499k, but I'll accidentally knock him out while tapping to his armbar

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CM Punk might be a white belt, but when he picked it up from the gym after finishing his GracieAcademy.com registration, I bet he went an expensive gym that makes their belts out of better materials so he's definitely a good white belt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Here's Punk attempting to put an armbar submission on someone not fighting him:

This doesn't inspire much confidence, does it?

Everyone knows that Jericho's jits is so good, he can make anything look effortless. You'll never see a more skillful armbar escape.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/28/12053110/cm-punk-says-its-not-far-fetched-for-him-to-believe-he-can-earn-a

It is kinda farfetched

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

How do I submit a petition to the UFC to have Mark Hunt replace Mickey Gall after UFC200?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

coconono posted:

Losing does not imply credibility loss, jesus woman. No wonder you have your fans rioting in the stands.

I don't know, I watched Robbie Lawler and Carlos Condit go to a razor tight decision and as soon as I heard Robbie won I immediately realised Condit is a terrible fighter and was never good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What do my knuckles say?
P U R E P I S S

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Speak for yourself, I haven't slept a wink since Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks defiled the noble sport of MMA because of my seething rage. I accept the wife beaters, drug cheats, bank robbers, mobsters, yakuza but pro wrestlers who aren't Sakuraba is a bridge too far.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 2, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The internet has severe issues with thinking people care a lot more than they actually do about things.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

During the UFC Fan Expo Q+A where Cerrone used the F word and got in trouble, CM Punk said he scored Aldo vs Edgar 2 for Edgar.

Guys, I'm not sure CM Punk knows a lot about MMA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Did he say why?

I was only half listening, so I can't say for sure either way. I just like dunking on CM Punk to be fair.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I would like to hear CM Punk's opinion of Kalib Starnes

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

smell this posted:

why is kurt angle on their twice

My thoughts exactly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It could go a couple of ways though. Did he just not react or did he react to the silence?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's on the main card, the poster's out. Third from top, it seems, so just before the co-main.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC-203?id=
Opening the PPV apparently.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wonder if they'd just put Punk on Fightpass because he doesn't want his rear end to get pulverized on PPV

They'll do whatever makes the money in any give scenario, and that means PPV this time.

e: fact checked

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 3, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Um this is clearly former WWE Champion Vacant, not former WWE Champion CM Punk.

A true elite.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

TheKingslayer posted:

CM Punk is a turd and I can't wait to see him get beat up.

Actually he had "i won by ko in round 1 and got the belt even though it's not a title fight" tattooed on his knuckles in really small font so he's going to be champ.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Phillip "CM Punk" Brooks will win knockout of the nightvictim

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just going to be that good of a KO they'll bring it back.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's enjoyable to dump on the guy, but my feeling is that he's going to have the basic fundamentals and ability and might look okay for what he really is, but that he's also in his late thirties, heavily beaten up by the pro wrestling and that it's very possible that while Gall and Punk might be around the same level skill wise, Gall is not 37 or so and will take it on youth and the benefits of having it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This used to be my favourite uppercut gif

but the sheer torque and power Punk throws with has dethroned the king.

Actually, I just wanted to post that Tyson gif as a palate cleanser.

• Locked thread