Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

ICHIBAHN posted:

Been reading CM Punks livejournal, it's hilarious

What's funny to you about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

He started laughing.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

coconono posted:

You couldn't co-main Gall/Punk on a PPV. More than likely, it'd be the opener or 2nd on the card and that's a hard sell for a first time buyer. People like Punk but do they like him enough to pay $60 for a product they're not familiar with?

Yes, because a "fight" is something everybody can comprehend.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Gaz2k21 posted:

Punk's gonna die.....

It's like, literally impossible to tell what is going to go down. I understand why MMA fans don't give a poo poo, but for wrestling fans, this is going deliver Wrestlemania in your youth levels of excitement.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

manyak posted:

Its not really that hard to predict, CM punk will probably get clipped by a punch that doesnt look that hard and go down and get TKOd, or he will get taken down and outgrappled and then TKOd. Nothing against him but its super unlikely hes gonna come out and surprise everyone by doing something really good

But the odds only have him as roughly a 3 to 1 underdog, so the betting public at least thinks he has like a 25% chance of winning, which i think is generous but hey who knows

I liken they way you start off your post by saying its a sure conclusion, then end it by saying who knows, thus proving my point. Classic

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1Vj8Pd8uM

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

He used to work out a lot when he was younger. He looks like an old dude who just kept up up with it somewhat. Even if he left it for a while, muscle memory would kick in. People are acting like he looks like 70's Arnold FFS lol. He is in great shape for someone of his age, but let's not go insane and start going on about steroids.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Brock Lesnar posted:

is there a video of an old dude getting embarrassed so i could compare that to Punk's outing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-BqOsvj00

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Hoping for another two year buildup. That was totally worth it.

Fair one, dude has a point. And another mini series-docu programme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Like it would make more sense for a pro wrestler to go into something like competitive dancing or some kind of Cirque type of deal.

CM Punk has signed with Cats the musical.

• Locked thread