Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

CM Punk vs "Filthy" Tom Lawlor, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So UFC guys, what was the most one-sided assbeating in history and does Punk have any potential to get assbeaten on that level?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26ymug_gabe-ruediger-vs-joe-lauzon-2010-08-28_sport

Probably couldn't be much worse than this?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dangersim posted:

have you heard of pride

it can get much worse

better?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Does Chael have any remaining credibility?

quote:

According to Sonnen he thinks you could see Brooks debut in April or May and he also teased that he had a good inkling of who he might be put up against saying, "I have a pretty good idea who his opponent is."

"I'm going to keep that close to the vest," he said. "It would not make sense to give him a bottom-tier guy."

Since he wouldn't give a name, Sonnen was pressed on if he knew it was actually a ranked fighter or not.

"Well he is not a bottom-tier guy, I can tell you that," Sonnen said. "You will know who he is and he will be a pretty-heavy favorite to win. Punk is not going to come in as the favorite."

Huge long interview here: http://www.mmamania.com/2014/12/8/7351355/chael-sonnen-on-cm-punk-ufc-fans-will-know-first-opponent-heavy-favorite-to-win-mma

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Still curious about whether they'll actually try to find someone with some name recognition who won't embarrass him (I have no idea who this could be) or whether he'll just fight some guy no one's heard of.

• Locked thread