Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uh, I don't think this was a good idea on his part. UFC can't really put nobodies against him without it looking bad on their part, and a 36 year-old without fighting experience doesn't inspire much confidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jesus didn't tap. He passed out in the hold. Then died.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He should fight Jeff Jarrett, MMA enthusiast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's going to be so funny when CM Punk wins all his matches by hitting the Go 2 Sleep

BEST IN THE WORLD

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Will UFC put out a recap of his first fight that's just zooming in to close-ups of Punk's rear end?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

Because MMA fans are butthurt about a WRASSLOR being in their sport and wrestling fans are butthurt that he's going to get creamed

As a wrestling fan I think it'll be funny when he gets creamed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He has puffy nipples.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

Been reading CM Punks livejournal, it's hilarious

What do his knuckles say?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CP Munk would be just as successful in UFC as CM Punk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

I am PHIL of the Legalized Family "BROOKS" and your admiralty flag has no jurisdiction over the laws of God and man

Are you detaining CM Punk or Phillip Brooks, officer?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Punk he's not gonna sell those weak rear end punches.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All the footage they had and they decided to use that punch.

And that trailer shows him getting punched a lot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

coconono posted:

Yeah he only got served termination notice on his wedding day, got hosed with on merch payouts, and has a defamation lawsuit going against him by WWE's medical staff. What's to keep Punk from returning to WWE?

They've done worse to people and they've come back, like Warrior.

Never say never. Punk always wanted to headline Wrestlemania, so I wouldn't rule out him coming back for that sometime down the road if WWE offered it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thauros posted:

Part of the reason why Warrior and Bruno came back is that while they hated Vince they were willing to talk to Hunter. Punk otoh could work with Vince at times but never trusted or got along well with Triple H

Be that as it may, all it takes is for Punk to miss it and feel like he could come back, WWE knowing there would be money in it, and a mediator of some sort to bring the sides together.

Not saying it would happen any time soon, but a lot can change in a few years. Even if it's 10 years or something, eventually Punk and WWE will make up so they can put him in their hall of fame and in video games and Punk will get an easy paycheck from that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha, UFC got what they wanted and are now kicking him to the curb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
I got fired by the UFC

• Locked thread