Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The Green Power Ranger called out CM Punk lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That guy is pretty bad and he couldn't make 185 anyways

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Would that BJJ tournament mobn did make him overqualified to fight Punk?

Mobn could never make 185

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They should dig up the yoga instructor from TUF China, pretty sure Punk could beat him right now with no training camp.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Forceholy posted:

His show on IFC? I thought it got cancelled.

Comedy Option: Punk trains in Roy Nelson's basement and turns into Caine from Kung Fu.

I don't think straight edge is down with auto-erotic asphyxiation.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

If he did an omoplata instead he mighty've finished that instead of being counted out, right?

or what that not a real shoot

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol, so CM Punk isn't remotely a blue belt. He's trained infrequently with Rener.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I'll fight CM Punk. I am a flyweight but I can wear ankle weights and a jacket stuffed with stacks of cash onto the scale so that I make something close to 185.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CM Punk says his striking is his weakest skill but tbqh I bet you could shoot a low single and ankle lock him instantly.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Whoever fights Punk is gonna be a 0-0 guy who walks around near 185.

Edit: or a fat 170

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They need to get Jake Shields back in the UFC. No knockout.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They realistically need to find a pillow fisted featherweight who might walk around at a fat 180.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Do you think Sakuraba could get sanctioned anywhere? I'd make that fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's gonna be funny when he looks worse than James Toney.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

beggar posted:

I don't want anything else but that Jason David Frank fight, barring something out of left field. I can't quit thinking about Former WWE Champ and Former Green Ranger in a shoot fight and my eleventeen year old inner child is standing in front of the TV doing spin kicks while watching.

This fight would never get sanctioned.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC dug up some dude from a UFC Gym. I'm talking about a guy who would be a featherweight if he was in shape, but is instead 190 pounds and middle aged with no combat sports background. They'll offer him a free lifetime membership or whatever and pay him 5/5.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

david carmichael posted:

one time the pro wrestling mod banned me for making of a guy who kept claiming that the ref, who he claimed was an employee of the ufc, picked a winner at the end of the fight.

When all of PSP got moved temporarily into wrestlehut for a Brock fight, he threatened to ban anyone posting the official UFC stream of the prelims, even though it was the only legal way to watch it for most people outside of North America.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Maybe he'll fight at 205 and they can re-sign Houston Alexander

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

vainman posted:

Yoel Romero and Daniel Cormier both got into MMA when they were very old and found success. They're also both freak athletes with Olympic medals in wrestling and Cormier previously fought in the weakest division in the world.

Cormier doesn't have a medal because he was so fat that he had to cut water weight, then his kidneys failed

But the point stands, the only kinds of guys who started in their 30's have been Olympic caliber athletes who are already world class in wrestling.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Don't start a fight with me, I train UFC.

Do you even train? If you’re as credible as you say you are, you can’t take the opinions of people on the Internet to heart, without talking to somebody who knows what they’re talking about — me included. I take jiu-jitsu three times a week. I know the difference between a kimura, an armbar, a reverse armbar and an Americana from side control, because I study it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Memento posted:

I think he was being sarcastic about people who claim that they train "UFC" as if that were a fighting style as opposed to an entertainment company.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

BJJ black belt, scored 4 touchdowns in a single game, of course he would.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Punk is training with the Gracies, a Brazilian single is always an option.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

CM Punk will likely be fighting a 0-0 or maybe 0-1 fighter, I find it hard to believe he'd be an underdog at all really.

Also his opponent is gonna be a fat featherweight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The best thing about Tank Abbot is that his fondest memories of WCW involve his angle with 3 Count.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Maybe that is true. But that's probably not why he refused the lessons.

According to Jeff Sherwood (Sherdog's fat owner and Tank superfriend), Tank loves doing karaoke at lovely dive bars.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

probably the ones marquardt did to finish wilson gouveia or tyron woodley

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Most people know I got my jaw broken in the (Carlos) Newton fight, but they don’t know that the shot that did it also knocked me out cold. I stayed on my feet but I was totally blacked out and dont remember anything in the fight after that punch.

When I came to, I was getting loaded into the ambulance by my coach and another guy. I asked them ‘What happened, did I lose?’ and they said ‘No Dan, you won, you won,’ and whatever, but I could see across the path there was a pizza shop and Carlos Newton was in there eating a slice of pizza. That really pissed me off that he got to eat pizza and I had to go home in an ambulance. I thought if I won the fight shouldnt it be the other way around? So I was ticked off.

So I got out of the ambulance while the ambulance guy wasn’t paying attention and …walked across the path to the pizza store. I was really out of it from pain medication but I kept my cool and got in there and managed to order a slice. As Ii left the store I looked over at Carlos and gave him a nod and sort of motioned to my pizza to say ‘Yeah, good job,’ yknow, but to let him know that I won the fight and I deserved that pizza more than him.

I don’t remember what happened after, but I woke up again the next morning in the hospital and the pizza was still there beside my bed. So if anyone ever tells you that Newton should’ve won that decision, now you can tell them why they’re wrong.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rd0YTPEw8

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3myj5vGcXIs

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

that ending was loving cool

For context, Internet MMA fans (who are probably just as awful as Internet Wrestling fans) proclaimed the guy he was fighting to be the best ever despite him ducking fights or having poor performances against bad fighters.

Then he got knocked out by an old man with no teeth, a bad back, and knees that won't bend.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That's cruel and unusual punishment.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

well it was either get concussed at roufusport or tear every ligament everywhere at AKA

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

MITB 2011 is proof that Punk would beat a white rapper.

:drat:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I imagine he lifted a weight and ate a protein

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

cxb if you're taking requests I want to see him tap to that omoplata/crippler crossface that imanari did once

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

If he's a pro wrestler he probably knows the reversal to that.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Someone post the video where cXb is getting punched while grappling with his girlfriend, then catches her in an armbar while her daughter goes "whoa awesome"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

cortXbomb: rapper, grappler, TRT user.

Who Gotch Ya posted:

I think we can all agree that I'm the only acceptable opponent for Punk.

I have more competition experience (like... 4-5 bjj tournaments) while still having absolutely zero pro MMA experience.
I'm the same size as him.
Both of our names have acronyms that don't necessarily mean anything.
I know more about MMA and pro wrestling than him.
I will troll the poo poo out of him.
I will submit him with either a gogoplata or the Anaconda Vice. Or maybe just knee on belly.
I will NEVER lose a fight to a man who has a pierced lip.

Make it happen. CXB vs Punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Remember that the UFC gave press credentials to a guy with a developmental disability.

• Locked thread