Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

punk owns even if he'll probably lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Triple Helix posted:

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it's part of the televised prelims. I guess I'm surprised there's enough draw for a guy who's never fought before.

cm punk is a popular guy, you may have heard of him before

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thauros posted:

Sonnen vs. Punk would rule in NJPW

don't tease me with things that won't happen

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yep. Don't care about MMA. Don't care about UFC. Buying whatever PPV Punk is on even if he's going to lose.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

minor threat was a pretty cool band being straight edge is alright

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's going to be so funny when CM Punk wins all his matches by judges decision.

i can't wait for the meltdowns

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

Can we all agree that the truly worst thing about Punk signing is the uptick in MMA journalism?

it's either that or this thread

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

christmas truly came early to the pagoda god bless us, every one

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

http://youtu.be/BLYBlQIf2A0?t=43s

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

freud mayweather posted:

Right behind winning a decision while unconscious and buying a slice of pizza out of spite.

story please

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

well that guy sounds really loving cool

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

He is. Get to know Hendo by watching this .gif on repeat: With this song playing in the background

loving christ. any of his matches NOT behind the ufc paywall? i don't really watch mma but i'll watch this guy kill a man

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Its almost as if the UFC's business plan is selling fights.

hey man, i was able to watch that soldier get a million knees to the face for free that question isn't that invalid for someone who's exposure to mma is that match and that gif

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that ending was loving cool

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

that was actually the first of those 3 matches posted yesterday i watched. cormier seemed to basically maul him. i also noticed cormier was undefeated, what's his deal? he seems pretty cool too

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

He's a fat guy whos good at wrestling but was too devoted to being fat to fight at a real weight class. Today he has become extremely powerful, defeating both the elderly and blockbuster employees.

i like this guy's style

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

did he win the last 20?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

yes. he's very good.

sold

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ah, that sounds bad. hope this ends up working for him if that's the case

though thanks to everyone answering my poo poo and giving me those matches to watch. between everything here and watching the cormier/jones hype video on youtube i'm tempted to order the ppv next week if i'm not going out to a show that night or anything. ufc saturday and watching wk9 on the new japan network on sunday sounds pretty cool

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

you sound overqualified

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i did like the minor threat vs. youth of today question

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NowonSA posted:

Within like a 5 minute span I got to see the Punk that interacts with courteous and nice fans and the Punk that interacts with idiots, drunks and rude people. Quite the swing from handing out a signed cowboy hat to a kid and talking comics to ignoring/disrespecting the last drunk guy, who really was making an rear end out of himself and deserved every bit of it.

punk rules and the only thing bad he did was pick minor threat

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So many excuses right there

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

WeaponX posted:

if i was a big ufc guy id be pissed about this situation too
that's what makes this funny you killjoy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

you're right, people taking poo poo too seriously is only one of the many things that is hilarious. and we can all be happy for that hobo who's gonna get a good amount of booze money

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Mar 4, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yuriy posted:

a wrasslin' poster accusing someone else of taking poo poo too seriously after like a solid half of yall have written manifestos on wwe & race & gender & gay stuff is funny imo

those are funny too though

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

so do lots of people, and not all of them get their rear end kicked by a hobo before hand

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the hobo who shows up to the fight shaking from the dts is going to kill cm punk

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yuriy posted:

Man, gently caress CM Punk in UFC, Alberto Del Rio is apparently going to be fighting for Glory and that's a billion times cooler

Potentially against Goldberg hahahahah

This isn't a goddamn joke

2015 may not be the best year for anything, but it's shaping up to be the funniest

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

CM Punk getting out from under this gigantic loving rear end in a top hat and his circus makes him an absolute hero. If he gets loving destroyed in the Octagon he will still be an absolute hero (and will still have prospects) and I hope his payday is huge whatever happens.

This is amazingly true and every post you've made has been on point. A little over a year ago when he was around I was simply a huge CM Punk fan. Everything he's done recently has almost turned him into a folk hero. It doesn't matter if (when) he gets his poo poo completely kicked in. He already won.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thanks OTM, you are great at articulating everything I would never be able to.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

People here seem really angry at every decision Punk makes, for reasons that are a mystery to me.

they all bought his t-shirt and feel like he owes them

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

he was a white rapper so i hated him in high school. now his gimmick is hulk hogan but not racist but he still dresses like that because gently caress it that's what he wore when he got big

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if you watch any punk match in wwe just watch punk/lesnar it's probably the best wwe match of the last few years, or at least up there in the top 3

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oldpainless posted:

I think you'll find that was punks best match in the last 4 years.

it's a great moment during the time, but punk/lesnar and the final punk/cena match from that raw are the best two wwe matches in the last 4 years. the best match during his title reign was vs. daniel bryan at over the limit 2012

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

punks gonna win the belt with a shoot gts

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

hulk hogan said hte n word

I'm sure he'll be a great commentator in the UFC

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk and Flair would be an amazing commentary table you're right Ty1990

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

and MMA commentating has suddenly become an elite tier activity. ok.

so is being a talking head on those panels no one gives a gently caress about apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aesop Poprock posted:

That said, Finn holding his own against a force capable lightsaber user was sillier and that one Poe guy was the closest thing to a Gary or Mary Sue in all of Star Wars history

The dude was shot with the giant Wookie gun they spent a few moments in the movie building up how much of a punch it had, and the prequels/video games almost mythologized the lightsaber in a way they didn't in the original movies. Kylo Ren was hosed up and Finn still barely survived and was barely a problem for Ren compared to how badly he was already bleeding. That poo poo was fine.

• Locked thread