Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What's his special move?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Kneeing a guy in the face that's no stone cold stunner

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's gonna make a bunch of money fighting nobodies.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

K8.0 posted:

This post is the highest point of this thread. LMAO.

He wrestled Profesionally

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I thought I was just joking when I said his main credentials were friends with A Gracie but lmbo

His main credential is 2 million Twitter followers lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

What does punk walk around at, because I feel like 185 is where you start running into serious power.

I feel like there's some dudes at 170 with a lot of power

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keg posted:

This thread is proof that there are a lot of wrestling nerds who don't pay any attention to MMA or have a clue about fighting on any level who are happy to drop 50 bucks to watch a guy who was mean to them at a Subway once get beaten up, and they aren't going to give that away for free.

Also it seems like some of them think his fights are gonna be fake.

projecthalaxy posted:

I bet whoever they get is getting some Kimbo vs Petruzelli style pep talk from Dana before he goes out with such instructions as "don't try to hit him" and also "don't try to grapple him". The fight will be Legally Not A Work is my point.

Lmao you think they'll have a guy take a dive instead of hand picking a garbage man?

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 12, 2014

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

Of course not. I'm saying they will have the garbage man take a dive. Not provably, though. A deniable dive.

Sounds retarded

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I mean it would be retarded to go through with the trouble and consequences of having a guy take a dive when they can easily find some bum to legitimately lose to him. Or he may lose horribly.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
kimbo's heavyweight boatyard boxing title was way more relevant than any wwf belt

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

TheCool69 posted:

Somebody asked Ed on Twitter what belt he has. His reply:

He's so cool

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Will he be allowed to put those retarded embarrassing straight edge X's on his gloves?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cams posted:

jokes are funny

It makes it funny when retards don't get it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It was cool when stone cold Steve Austin smashed beers and threw them around and drank them and rode a 4-wheeler into the wrestling ring. But not as cool as the straight edge wrestler

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

so what do you think he can do, that other people think he can't? like what part of his skill set are we underestimating

He's never drank a beer

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Are you really taking personal my assertion that anyone identifying as straight edge is, uhhhh, a bad f word

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

also, to clarify: he is not a green lantern so "willpower" doesn't actually matter

He's tough

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
couldn't even get through his father's abuse and become a healthy adult who can responsibly enjoy a few beers every now and then. Doesn't sound so tough to me

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Someone just put up some footage of punk doing some real light sparring and I gotta say he looks a lot better than I ever thought he would

http://youtu.be/qbVvPN9GncQ

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
The 40 year old guy who can't drink a beer without crying about his childhood has incredible willpower

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
More footage of punk training:

http://youtu.be/q7eK85rFZNo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MagicCube posted:

Punk's been working on his takedowns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Uh no sorry that guy drinks beer

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Odds aren't based on who is gonna win it's based on how people are gonna bet. He'd be a favorite because retard idiots (cams) are gonna bet on him for some reason and Vegas knows it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He won't be able to get through an actual camp without being injured.....or peer pressured. Both dangerous obstacles

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tough loss, Joe. The willpower was there and I had a pretty good camp until Keith invited me to his house to watch some Football and share a six pack. From there out it was difficult to get any real work in.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Also Mitrione is stronger, faster, and more athletic than punk. Also he's a heavyweight. Not sure how his willpower stacks up

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Do they have guys like that at lower weight classes? Or will they just bring somebody in

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I had the same reaction. I thought he'd picked a camp.

He did.

http://royalfamilykids.org

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How will this guy have the discipline to go through a proper weight camp and weight cut if he doesn't even have the discipline to drink one beer without breaking down. I just don't see it.

Yeah drunk dads have helped so many fighters in the past but not this time. He didn't have the willpower to use it correctly

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Hammer coleman's dad gave him much worse drunken beatings but you don't see him drawing on his hands and being a big whiny pussy about it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
How many butthurt UFC marks are in here making fun of the UFC for signing a pro wrestler too cowardly to drink a beer?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

maffew buildings posted:

congrats on your horrible life

His dad was a drunk cut him some slack

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jason Funk posted:

*tips tapout brand fedora* you have outclassed me, new balance and cargo short wearing sirs. allow me to buy your next linkin park or skrillex albums for you

brutal

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tap out fedora LMFAO

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Wait he's wearing the fedora and the butthurt mma guys wear cargo shorts and new balance shoes? Powerful own for sure.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Do any mma fighters have enough willpower to transition into a wwf career?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
In a few years UFC fighter Cm punk ,who is too scared to drink a beer, will be losing a fight or two and will probably become a pro wrestler or as you rudely put it a fake fighter

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like he's accepting the ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005