Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I bought a wii u a couple weeks ago and it owns. best purchase ive ever made 10/10

tho I dont own a single miibo or whatever, they seem kinda dumb to spend $10-$30 on a figurine but hey the games own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
My Wii U comes tomorrow. My Smash comes today. That's kind of rude Wii U.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

drat, I went from not wanting a Wii U to really wanting one.

I want to smash on the pilotwings level real bad

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Guw posted:

drat, I went from not wanting a Wii U to really wanting one.

I want to smash on the pilotwings level real bad

It's really good mostly because Ganondorf is finally fun to use.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

It's really good mostly because Ganondorf is finally fun to use.

I also want Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, The ToadO ne, New Mario, what am I forgetting? This is the most I've wanted games

E Forgot Bayonetta 2

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

If you want to remain not wanting a Wii U: whatever you do DO NOT look at 1080p60fps videos on youtube of Smash or Mario Kart 8

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Flagrama posted:

My Wii U comes tomorrow. My Smash comes today. That's kind of rude Wii U.

The only time I had a game before I had a system to play it on was when I got Super Mario Advance on GBA, since Target was selling it like two weeks before the GBA was even released, so I got to look at the neato tiny little cartridge (now laughably big for a portable by today's standards) until I could play it.

You are just receiving a disc and a manual. You can roll the disc around like a wagon wheel come loose and think of all the fun you will have playing Smash U.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Wii Us can play Wii games too and if you never played Punch-Out!! before and still don't want to, fuck you.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gay skull posted:

Wii Us can play Wii games too and if you never played Punch-Out!! before and still don't want to, fuck you.

punch-out wii is seriously very good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gay skull posted:

but you have to use the wii-mote right? Or can you use the GamePad? I don't really want to get a Classic attachment, and I can't use Pro Controller to play old Wii games.

Anyways Guw, go buy it. It's $200 for a refurb Deluxe kit and it's worth it. One of the crazy things is that games have insane resell value. Even ones like New Super Mario Bros U and such are going for almost $40 on eBay used. A lot of other games like Pikmin 3 are still selling for $50 on ebay, it's crazy. I see people buying stuff from there thats more expensive than if they just bought directly from Best Buy or something.

So if you wanted to, you could probably make almost 90%+ of what you spend on games back by just reselling them and console could probably be resold for like $180 or something too.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I bought my wii u a nice sweater for christmas, I hope he likes it :3:

Guw posted:

I also want Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, The ToadO ne, New Mario, what am I forgetting? This is the most I've wanted games

E Forgot Bayonetta 2

W101, DK Tropical Freeze, Rayman, Pikmin

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Wind Waker HD & Hyrule Warriors? (I dunno I bought it but havent tried it yet)

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Xaris posted:

but you have to use the wii-mote right? Or can you use the GamePad? I don't really want to get a Classic attachment, and I can't use Pro Controller to play old Wii games.

yeah, you can only use stuff that was made for the original wii. classic controller & CC pros are out of production now tho so it wouldn't be too bad of an idea to pick one up if you stumble upon one for cheap. at the very least you'll have an extra controller for when your wild sex parties are winding down and it's time for some mario

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

i still advocate classic controller pros over wii u pro controllers because:

-full wii compatibility
-i like the button placement better
-there are very few games that are compatible with the pro controller, but not classic controller. and most of those games are single player and just use the gamepad anyway or are lovely. even big ol' multiplatform games like call of duty and injustice have classic controller support
-more colors :3:

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Xaris posted:

Anyways Guw, go buy it.
I'm gonna do it

Looper posted:

W101, DK Tropical Freeze, Rayman, Pikmin

I don't think I'd like W101 (watched videos and read up) but the othre 3 yes

Xaris posted:

Wind Waker HD & Hyrule Warriors? (I dunno I bought it but havent tried it yet)

drat I forgot a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there's a rumor going around that amazon accidentally outed the release of mother 3 in the states, but the release isn't until 2016. so it's a very dumb unbelievable rumor and of course people are flipping their poo poo over it

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

if you dont like w101 your retarded

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
alright, if i ever see a CC at a garage sale or on craigs for cheap, I'll pick it up. There really isn't much on the Wii that interested me except maybe DK Returns and Xeno. Pretty happy with the pro controller although the A/B thing still tricks my mind at times since I'm used to the other way for xinput games on the PC.

Guw posted:

drat I forgot a lot

yea that's p much my exact list of games I just got. All I'm missing is Pikmin and New Super Mario U since I'm holding out to find it a bit cheaper used in a couple months (haha yeah right). At least the library available it's a nice clear pond than a murky lake. There isn't a lot of shovelware and poo poo to wade through.

There's some eshop stuff that seems interesting but (neo assault, scram kitty, armillo) but I ain't even gunna look at that for another few months.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 8, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Swelter Discharge posted:

if you dont like w101 your retarded

Guess I'm retarded then because the demo of it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Guess I'm retarded then because the demo of it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

its very weird at first but after u get used to it

epicness

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I shan't waste my time.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

the only bad part about the wii u is that im getting sick of seeing bayonetta's slut face on two big icons in my plaza

in one of them she looks like she is in the process of having sex. what the hell nintendo i thought this was for the whole family

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gay skull posted:

the only bad part about the wii u is that im getting sick of seeing bayonetta's slut face on two big icons in my plaza

gently caress off with this sexist bull-rear end.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

womrskull lets play some smash tnight

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

womrskull lets play some smash tnight

Alright.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Try the Bayonetta 2 demo.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Play the pikmin 3 demo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Try the Bayonetta 2 demo.

Not in a million years.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm not into whatever kind of game it is with those kinds of cameras and controls and all that crap... It's just not for me, and I don't see the appeal at all.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

It's a big diverse world out there, full of different types of gamers who like different kinds of games, and that's what makes it all so beautiful I think.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Hooray!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Give all games a fair shake, imo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I paid 40 dollars for Metal Gear Revengeance and I played it about 20 minutes, and all I've seen of these other ones look a lot like that, and the Wonderful 101 demo was pure rear end.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wormskull posted:

I paid 40 dollars for Metal Gear Revengeance and I played it about 20 minutes, and all I've seen of these other ones look a lot like that, and the Wonderful 101 demo was pure rear end.

i do not agree with your opinion but i respect your right to have it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I always get pissed off @ games like MGR & Dark souls because the people that like them beat them 20 times & talk about them non stop, so I buy them on Sale & play them once and end up thinking "that's it?"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I always get pissed off @ games like MGR & Dark souls because the people that like them beat them 20 times & talk about them non stop, so I buy them on Sale & play them once and end up thinking "that's it?"

Same. I used to think, Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but now I hover more between Those people have severe problems, and Maybe it's just not for me since the people you talk to about it don't actually seem to know why they like it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I just don't know what to buy except for Bayonetta 2

I have Wind Waker, Mario 3D World.

Smash bros lol no, Mario Kart 8 owned it and sold it, Hryule warriors looks too repetitive. Maybe Donkey Kang

• Locked thread