Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Well I knew how to do it but Idk. And controlling my speed is hard, I dash when I don't want to and when I want to I slowly walk.

the wii u is a very good console for those who lack fine motor control, and also everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

It would be nice if I could turn off dashing and make it a button press IE trigger button like toggles run or hold it + analogue to run. Tilt attacks are also something I mess up a lot lol, just smashing the c-stick to the right a lot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

How are you supposed to tilt it that slowly in the middle of a battle. I can't even do it against the punching bag half the time.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Well I knew how to do it but Idk. And controlling my speed is hard, I dash when I don't want to and when I want to I slowly walk.

I kinda have that problem too.. Hard to pick up an item in the middle of a brawl,ill either dash past it or i wont dash to it quick enough.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I kinda have that problem too.. Hard to pick up an item in the middle of a brawl,ill either dash past it or i wont dash to it quick enough.

It really chaps my rear end against the AI lol, especially when a hammer spawns like right between us...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the wii u is pretty cool but not as good as the xbox one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

How are you supposed to tilt it that slowly in the middle of a battle. I can't even do it against the punching bag half the time.

you dont tilt it slowly. you hold the control stick in a direction without tapping the corner. just dont push it all the way.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Blind Sally posted:

the ps3 is pretty good.

idk i bought a ps3 back in '09 and never really used it. mgs4, uncharted 1,2 and red dead was really the only thing i played on it and i should have sold it immediately after i finished those games. it's the gbs-fat one and i wonder if it's worth the price of shipping it now--probably not. wiiu is definitely the best console to come out in awhile, even better than gamecube.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

you dont tilt it slowly. you hold the control stick in a direction without tapping the corner. just dont push it all the way.

That's ridiculous.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

That's ridiculous.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Xaris posted:

idk i bought a ps3 back in '09 and never really used it. mgs4, uncharted 1,2 and red dead was really the only thing i played on it and i should have sold it immediately after i finished those games. it's the gbs-fat one and i wonder if it's worth the price of shipping it now--probably not. wiiu is definitely the best console to come out in awhile, even better than gamecube.

I've identified the problem with your PS3: you didn't play a lot of games on it. see, you have to play games on it and that should solve your problems (i mean, if you played your cross-console games on a 360, then disregard)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
well i played most of the crossplat on my PC so yeah.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Dom wonders who could say such a terrible thing.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

Wormskull posted:

That's ridiculous.

i dunno how to explain it beyond like a thumb dexterity thing, the more your do it the more smooth and quicker the motion comes out for a tilt attack instead of a smash attack. The key is just moving the stick about halfway across instead of all the way.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

also just disable tap to jump, i find its just inferior overall

Dec 26, 2012

Sizup posted:

also just disable tap to jump, i find its just inferior overall

also having it on makes up-tilts way harder to pull off and some characters have great up-tilts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sizup posted:

i dunno how to explain it beyond like a thumb dexterity thing, the more your do it the more smooth and quicker the motion comes out for a tilt attack instead of a smash attack. The key is just moving the stick about halfway across instead of all the way.

It's stupid.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And I can't get used to it not on up.

Dec 26, 2012

its pretty hard to get used to at first but i could never go back now

hold a button to dash/dash attack instead of walk/tilt would make way more sense though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If there was a button on the back I could make jump maybe I could think of it like mouse2.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

If there was a button on the back I could make jump maybe I could think of it like mouse2.

i set one of the triggers to jump

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im completely hosed if i forget to set my profile before fighting

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I set A to jump, and the triggers to shield.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

I set A to jump, and the triggers to shield.

What did you set attack to? Most people use B for special, A for attack and Y or X to jump.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The only reason I think anyone puts up with smash controls is if they've played all the games since they were kids

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

What did you set attack to? Most people use B for special, A for attack and Y or X to jump.

Y.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

The only reason I think anyone puts up with smash controls is if they've played all the games since they were kids

I only played 64 and like a tiny amount of Melee when my friend brought it over but I don't remember the movement being that crazy.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Xaris posted:

well i played most of the crossplat on my PC so yeah.

vanquish

and if you have a backwards compatible ps3 you should try to sell it. people seem to pay a lot for them even though a used ps2 is cheap as hell and the fat ps3s tend to die.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

mabels big day posted:

I just use the default cause ive played them all since smash 64 and its a hassle to constantly choose your profile and controls.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I just use the default cause ive played them all since smash 64 and its a hassle to constantly choose your profile and controls.

I hope they patch it to let you choose a default because it's such a pain in the rear end to realize the controls are wrong and have to exit the thing your doing to fix it.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I hope they patch it to let you choose a default because it's such a pain in the rear end to realize the controls are wrong and have to exit the thing your doing to fix it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Also they need to do over like every loving aspect of the UI and menu lol...

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

To change your name, do NOT put the cursor over hte name, instead stick it on the tiny part right below that. What WERE they smoking at the Big N?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
If you don't like Sakurai menus.....

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Wormskull posted:

yeah it sucks

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

iirc sakurai's wife did all the ui elements for smash and many of his previous games, he is very proud of her and probably not gonna rethink them

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

smash 4 is the first sakurai game that i've ever disliked the menu. idk what they were thinking with that one

both smash 4s, to be clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Also they need to do over like every loving aspect of the UI and menu lol...

the menus are a loving nightmare

• Locked thread