Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Holy gently caress this game has animations now? No more staring creepily at a mine wall slowly wearing it down with your all-powerful gaze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Holy gently caress this game has animations now? No more staring creepily at a mine wall slowly wearing it down with your all-powerful gaze.
It has sounds and music now even

Digging to try to make a mine closer to the iron
http://gfycat.com/EthicalInsistentAardwolf

Imagine that with an overture of digging sounds and battle music.

Delamore fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 11, 2014

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Wurm Client posted:

Downloading graphics.jar 46%

Ye-e-e-es the best part of Wurm.

My character's name is Malasanya.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I'm in as Rehabsubmarine

Edit: Dear god, what have I gotten myself into.

Solvency fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 11, 2014

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
Looks like the problems with registration have been fixed, also

:siren:Get in the Steam group chat for Occupy Rolfstreet Steam Group:siren: we'll coordinate things from there. First task is to build a guard tower so we can plant our village

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
In as Dogo

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I came, I saw, I dogpiled a goblin. 10/10 would Wurm again.

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
A majestic game
http://gfycat.com/ClumsyBlindAustraliansilkyterrier

Regular wurm afternoon
http://gfycat.com/BlondInsignificantKid

Delamore fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 11, 2014

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I like how they made huge spiders even more terrifying to defenseless peasants

endgame content for nonpremiums used to be ganking a single huge spider and killing it with a mass of 20 dudes with shovels and hatchets and rakes

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
Ratskull is offline for now so if you're trying to get out here you can message DirtyCheat

Wurm is waiting
http://gfycat.com/RecklessSpiritedDowitcher

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.
Oh god not again.

Sky Pilot
Feb 15, 2011
I remember having a great time hating this game and myself a few years ago. Signed up as RolfWaldoEmerson, can't wait to get killed by moonwalking bears.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

In as zaph.

Strangely excited to start the journey to camp once again. Oh god.

Sky Pilot
Feb 15, 2011

GenghisTron posted:

In as zaph.

Strangely excited to start the journey to camp once again. Oh god.

The best part of all of my 3 or so experiences with Wurm has been wandering through the woods, with only a lovely .PNG map and vague references to landmarks to guide you, praying that you are actually headed in the right direction.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

I like how they made huge spiders even more terrifying to defenseless peasants

endgame content for nonpremiums used to be ganking a single huge spider and killing it with a mass of 20 dudes with shovels and hatchets and rakes
Spiders were actually nerfed significantly when they made changes to the fighting system about 6 years ago. Now that everyone starts at 20 fighting you can kill one in single combat once you get a horse and a full set of combat gear. In the first few goon villages though yeah, spiders were instant death the moment you bumped into one. Walking through a forest in this game was like walking through a minefield, except the mines could walk around and chase you forever.

Also the village of Chode Caliphate has been founded. Send a private message to Dirtycheat or Ratskull with /tell <player> <message> to request an invite in-game, or post here.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I had way too much fun playing this a few years ago. Building a secret underground base with friends. Defending it from lurkers and animals. Trying to maintain the brutal upkeep when you've dreamed too big. It looks like there is more than one player model now? Rejoice.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
I seriously remember spending like several nights in a row on this grinding up my ability to cook a good quality stew (it was still poo poo).

It's a cool feeling to be exploring the wilderness to just discover a random players humongous farm full of giant max level unicorns. :v:

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
A month of fast skill gain and all out warfare, no time for people to complain or talk about the long term because it doesn't exist.
Get in and do whatever pretty much and hopefully murder some dudes

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Sky Pilot posted:

The best part of all of my 3 or so experiences with Wurm has been wandering through the woods, with only a lovely .PNG map and vague references to landmarks to guide you, praying that you are actually headed in the right direction.
Yeah I unironically love this about Wurm. I always give myself one reason or another to take an adventure across the map. Ill prepare food and water skins and then set off on a morning. For all its huge flaws, this game makes traveling really enjoyable..

Sky Pilot posted:

can't wait to get killed by moonwalking bears.
...except when this happens a hour into your trip and you have to race to your corpse before someone else stumbles upon it.

This was my ill fated trip to gooncamp last night. Immediately behind me is a sand tile and ocean. I died minutes later to a moonwalking fire boar.

e: Does anyone have screencaps from that one goon village where they had the horrific horse death camps? I remember poking around in that village one night and I stumbled into a stable that had countless dead foals and horses, all which were skinned and gutted and labled as genetic"rejects" by a sign.

buglord fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 12, 2014

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Spiders were actually nerfed significantly when they made changes to the fighting system about 6 years ago. Now that everyone starts at 20 fighting you can kill one in single combat once you get a horse and a full set of combat gear. In the first few goon villages though yeah, spiders were instant death the moment you bumped into one. Walking through a forest in this game was like walking through a minefield, except the mines could walk around and chase you forever.

Also the village of Chode Caliphate has been founded. Send a private message to Dirtycheat or Ratskull with /tell <player> <message> to request an invite in-game, or post here.

Please invite me to the village.

Xibanya fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 12, 2014

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Avocados posted:

Yeah I unironically love this about Wurm. I always give myself one reason or another to take an adventure across the map. Ill prepare food and water skins and then set off on a morning. For all its huge flaws, this game makes traveling really enjoyable..

...except when this happens a hour into your trip and you have to race to your corpse before someone else stumbles upon it.

This was my ill fated trip to gooncamp last night. Immediately behind me is a sand tile and ocean. I died minutes later to a moonwalking fire boar.

Are you Avocados in-game? Send Ratskull or Dirtycheat a pm and we'll give you a remote invite and teleport to the village

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
This is such a terrible game this might be a good bad idea.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Are you Avocados in-game? Send Ratskull or Dirtycheat a pm and we'll give you a remote invite and teleport to the village

Thanks but I made it to camp on my 2nd attempt last night. I'd play but a storm knocked out our campus internet. :(

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I greatly enjoyed the will we/won't we debate on ganking the pubbie and resulting HOTS chatter last night.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Xibanya posted:

I greatly enjoyed the will we/won't we debate on ganking the pubbie and resulting HOTS chatter last night.
Yeah I was little concerned about alienating our peaceful neighbors but there's kind of an understanding in the Horde of the Summoned kingdom that you can get killed for almost any reason, especially for loitering around someone's village while alone. Normally though when we encounter pubbies on PvP it's a pretty clear-cut kill-them-all kind of situation.

Also the terraforming for the village is pretty much done, now we'll start putting up walls and launch raiding parties by boat. Also I see automated archery towers listed in the crafting recipes tab, so we can try spamming those around our village borders

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

Yeah I was little concerned about alienating our peaceful neighbors but there's kind of an understanding in the Horde of the Summoned kingdom that you can get killed for almost any reason, especially for loitering around someone's village while alone. Normally though when we encounter pubbies on PvP it's a pretty clear-cut kill-them-all kind of situation.

Also the terraforming for the village is pretty much done, now we'll start putting up walls and launch raiding parties by boat. Also I see automated archery towers listed in the crafting recipes tab, so we can try spamming those around our village borders

huh, strange, almost sounds like it might be fun now

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Yeah, Wurm has changed a lot over the past 2-3 years.

Sky Pilot
Feb 15, 2011

Imapanda posted:

Yeah, Wurm has changed a lot over the past 2-3 years.

No joke. An hour after I made my character, I was slapping armor together in a forge and staring spiders to death in mortal combat. Quite the contrast to the endless grind it used to take to get one functional hammer or whatever.

Sparr
Jan 17, 2006

Did some exploring, found some places

HOTS base of Hacksorrow, pathetic

Large Blacklight town of Black Summit

Camp at the base of Black Summit, some kind of magical fountain thing

JK base Two Shores

JK base Dim Lake

Large fortified JK cities being built near Dim Lake, also very close to Black Summit, think this one is called Dateline NBC

Some kind of Mol Rehan town to the far West

"Blacker Summit" across from us, referred to themselves as 'Dragonspine Castle'

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Goon raiding party in 4 hours! That's 6pm Pacific. We will have spare gear for all goons.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug
That's some impressive exploration, this will help us find potential raiding targets so stick around the voice chat or the steam group to hear our plans for hunting and raiding trips - we'll be doing at least one every weekend, including this one. Also I've finished the plan for the first gatehouse, attach bricks and mortar to it while I finish the town plan. Also have the start of a screenshot timelapse of our town as it gets turned into a deathtrap fortress:

Chodes

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If skillgain is significantly higher, isn't it kind of an obvious choice to grind the poo poo out of archery? Back when I played archery was god-tier PVP since you could belt out severes like noone's business.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

If skillgain is significantly higher, isn't it kind of an obvious choice to grind the poo poo out of archery? Back when I played archery was god-tier PVP since you could belt out severes like noone's business.

Yeah archery is fantastic in PvP and you gain it much faster now, and you still get regular fighting for each kill too. You can get to like 70 archery by killing maybe 10 trolls, and that will let you aim for the feet or the face. Everybody in the village needs to have a bow and arrows and at least like 50 archery skill

Ziggy Starfucker fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 14, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
So did they ever patch in the ability to shoot arrows from horses?

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Avocados posted:

So did they ever patch in the ability to shoot arrows from horses?

It looks like you can shoot from horses now - I tried it out on that last skirmish. One of our next big projects should be to build a big horse pasture and fill it with horses from the Horse Sea

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Base is being attacked by angry nerds from this morning's MR raid! Mine was hit but goons successfully defended the deed from the terrorists.

Werkwerk fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 14, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

What mumble you guys all on, if any? I just finally had the chance to sit down and load this java mess up and I don't even know what the hell to do

edit: thanks jerkjerk

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 15, 2014

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I haven't played in 7 years.

I feel like trying it again just for nostalgia :unsmith:

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Delamore should I play this / am I too late for this month?

Impotence fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Biowarfare posted:

Delamore should I play this / am I too late for this month?

Get on we need more goons.

• Locked thread