Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Delamore should I play this / am I too late for this month?

Impotence fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Xibanya posted:

Get on we need more goons.

I have bad experience with wurm and it's triggering.

(rolf said i was grinding too fast or something and reset my stealing[?] skill to 0)

Impotence fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 15, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Can someone invite me to the village? I'm sitting in mad going mad; ign 3060ec5f-d839-43c1-acd0-5f2a0cff5b27

Impotence fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 16, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Captain_duck posted:

Oh god wurm reduced the godawful grind? Might be worth taking a look again then, i was there for goondor and bearback mountain. Do they still have that system where you can get max level 20 in skills if your playing for free? Because i dont feel like giving rolf any more money.

ive been grinding for 30 minutes and im up to 55 skill now

100% f2p

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
i made a thousand arrow shafts, and im taking newbie goons out on boat trips to murder local wildlife if anyone wants in

Impotence fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 18, 2014

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
delamore see pm if you dont get a notification

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Werkwerk posted:

Will it be practical to funnel future raiders through one or two areas of the outer wall if we use tons of spike barriers in ditches and crap?

they have one person that can effectively heal someone to max with no cooldown or limitations iirc

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Werkwerk posted:

Did we do enough damage that with 10 or so goons firing arrows in tandem we might be able to nuke him or another guy down? Because I'm thinking if we can wall them off repeatedly as they attack, they get bored or lazy and eventually you start to pick a couple off. If the superman poo poo drops on death they'll rage hard too.

1) no, outheals all of that
2) doesn't drop on death
3) lol

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Avocados posted:

I got Fishing from 20-70 in about half a day of off and on play. I got Archery from 20-50 in an hour or so of shooting chickens. You can pretty much get newbies combat ready in a day's time, compared to weeks of hitting scarecrow targets for hours.
please stop hacking

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Justin Tyme posted:

So me and my friend capped out on the archery target, what's the easiest/quickest way of advancing past that? Shooting each other with shafts?

Also I guess the permissions aren't set up at the new place so we can't get added to the deed quite yet.

load up several thousand shafts, hope one of you can drive a boat, and go murder wildlife very slowly

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Xibanya posted:

Yeah I hope the devs were paying attention because I'd say it's bad design that the challenge is pretty much already won by one side less than halfway through the challenge time frame. However we have lots of good ideas on how to do better next time assuming the next challenge isn't pay to play.

I would say that being able to pay 100 euros for an infinite heal item, half-cost spell casts, double favour regeneration, global guard tower attack notifications and locations when they get hit, and fighting bonus across half of your town is also a bad design???

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I have 80ql+ armour and usually died in under 5s last fight I was in

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I'm a bit sad that life is feudal is turning out to be yet another terrible extended alpha money grab, just like albion online (which also registered accounts on SA to shill and spam their game, then get those threads gassed), black desert online (cash shop clothes give large stat bonuses, p2w, etc), eq next, [....]

Where the gently caress is my sandbox mmo

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Imapanda posted:

Any plans on migrating to a more populated server or is ours expected to fill up some time soon?

oh it will be full in a few days if it's still f2p

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
They post anything about new yet?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Rolf is on vacation

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

Thanks for nothing!

Here are the Challenge Stats: http://www.wurmonline.com/challenge-stats/

i've been killed by every name on that list except ordecc

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo i can't wait any longer to make 34,000 arrows

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
do we comment on how it might be slightly unfair that a single player can get a year of free premium and 100 silver coins

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Jaur posted:

Does this game still have the awful way-too-long tutorial for new accounts? I used to play beta back in 2007 and a little bit afterwards, but I can't bring myself to go through that excruciating tutorial process.

no ithere is not you just go when you play with us to select server and that's it

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
what is this

quote:

Treasure hunts!
The GM team are looking into starting up an old and fun tradition which is organized treasure hunts.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I was pretty pumped to start my yearly expedition into this lovely game but now it seems that 30 day server is offline. I really don't want to play this alone, and my character's former base has been taken over by some other shitheels so I don't even have a nice layout.

It launches in 1st

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Forgotton posted:

Are they doing another challenge server and, if so, what will our player count be like?

yes a lot

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

There will be no PMKs allowed for this round.

oh thank god

also @ Ziggy Starfucker can i just host an actual wiki because i don't like looking at even more ads

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Are you in the steam chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Avocados posted:

If it hasn't been determined yet i'm throwing in a vote for anything-but-HOTS.

JK seems like a great way to get pubbies on our side (or they can act as a wall of meatbags to delay incoming invaders). I think some possible ineptitude is preferable to dealing with spergs again. Winning is cool and all but a victory next round might not be worth it if we have to deal with insufferable, infighting and meltdown-prone allies the whole way through. If we wanna go that route, then probably MR would be better. HOTS benefit of attacking allies is nice but I think we learned early on last scenario that we can't make enemies just because.

my favourite was the completely batshit bipolar village leader where we somehow adopted two villages worth of pubbies and lost them within 12 hours

• Locked thread