Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
Nofriendo Entertainment Zone is a funny name, but could you put somewhere in it's description that it's for LP's? Especially if anyone is worried about declining numbers. I haven't been to the LP forum in years, but it used to bring in some new blood and I could see some people thinking the forum is gone now from a cursory glance then not bothering to get past the paywall to check.

It'll also prevent it from becoming a giant circlejerk of the same posters making LP's with each other for each other, which happened from time to time when I used to do LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Awesome! posted:

someone needs to make a new dangan ronpa lp

That thread brought a lot of creepy and weird stuff, but it did also bring attention to SA in a way that hadn't been seen in a long time which had to have given us a few decent posters. Stuff like Research Indicates Trespasser LP is loving impressive stuff and Let's Plays are a consistent source of real content creation from Games posters instead of memes about bowser saying friend of the family or bitching about Uplay.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Widestancer posted:

The goons who think that poo poo is unfunny could possibly benefit by being a bit more thick skinned. Then the "unfunny" stuff probably wouldn't happen.

It's not hard to see the humor in getting someone like Tokaii get baited into debating pedophilia vs hebophilia or the long list of shitheads who jumped to defend a pedophile. Then the fallout that happens is pretty funny to see, but, it isn't funny when the imp zone personality cult shows up and starts replying to every post after awhile with feel.jpg or reaction gifs, which a lot of threads deemed bad turn into. It also turns the threads loving unreadable, so all that funny stuff that happened 500 posts ago is now covered up by spam or gotten the thread sent to the Gas Chamber.

I just wish the imps would tone down the regurgitating in-joke poo poo to keep it in imp zone itself or down to a minimum unless it's funny. Following the current trends this means I'll be told I have aids for this post, right?

Blister fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 10, 2014

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

Pisssssss

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Kewpuh posted:

on the flip side, by being more lenient people would be more inclined to spend money on avatars or plat without fear of losing them which also feeds lowtax's children

We'll truly know lowtax has gotten desperate when he allows people to pay an extra 5 to guarantee if you buy someone an avatar, they can't change it back for 1 hour

he calls it the widestancer savings account

• Locked thread