Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

PuttyKnife posted:

Of all the years i've been lurking or registered on SA, this is probably the first year i've really been embarrassed about having ever registered and clicked on the Games forum. I don't know if it is the state of games and game fans in general or if i'm just too old. Either way, Games truly has become something terrible.

Good job? I guess?

Games is less poo poo than it has been in awhile though, lol. I dont know where you post usually but if you really feel embarassed about reading this forum, its most likely your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Here's one from the RPG thread, just as another example. And like I said, it's not meant seriously and nobody is offended by it. (I doubt it even got a report.) It's just popping up more.

Is this really more of a problem than it was before :confused: calling people faggots on the forums isn't new and idk, I really don't feel like I'm seeing it any more than I used to in Games.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

You really think it's hard to find hostile shitposting trying to derail conversation in the Games forums these days? I won't use this thread since it's just too easy, but sticking just to the last pages of threads on the first page of the forum:

And that's when I gave up. Not that I think these people need to be probated, just that by going easy on the worst of it the entire forum has developed a hostile atmosphere.

This is literally not something new. You chose one example of a retard in the Halo thread and then oddium saying "Who cares" to a guy discussing whether or not Kirby and Metroid take place in the same universe because of a Super Smash Bros melee cutscene and a post in the Dota2 thread referring to no one in particular.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

nelson posted:

See this is part of the problem. People making stupid attacks against other forum members instead of talking about games. How about this for a rule: If it's not related to games then don't post.

Yeah man, if there's one place we should be taking after, it's GameFAQS.

• Locked thread