Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

So even if the case is that the entirety of Games, subforums included, are still pretty much the same as they were last year, it's disheartening to see that there isn't really a big draw to new people because there's just so much other poo poo out there now like Reddit. I think we're at the point where people join to post in Games because maybe they ran into a Goon Squad on some particular game and the experience was interesting enough for them to come check out the place

How long was the paywall up for? I dunno if it's confirmation bias but it feels like it was up longer than it was down, and that'll definitely affect signups because no-one in 2014 is going to pay $10 for content they can't preview when they could just piss off to Reddit instead. The downtime / general upheaval probably didn't help either. Staying steady in the face of that's pretty good.

What are you counting as peak time, though? It's barely noon in the US and Games is at 1300+ people on, so at the very least there must be a pretty solid run of people through the whole day.

I think the forums are pretty great and I get to run a ton of cool board games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Oh! What about dungeon crawl stone soup? Browser based, tough, has a tutorial, doesn't require you to constantly look at a wiki.

I kind of want to say it shouldn't be stuff that already has a thread.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I mean, I wouldn't set it in stone as a rule or anything but I definitely think that Crawl's a bad choice because it already has a thread full of people that will happily do challenge runs already. Plus, any interesting moments or stories that come out of it might not be very accessible compared to gifs of dumb moments in Bad Action Game #237.

• Locked thread