Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It would be cool if everyone from Games went into one game, like for a big party or whatever, every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'd like to see more web content. The #1 thing that stands out to me when I read /r/gaming is the overall amount of content.

EDIT: ^^^ Agreedo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Someone asked earlier in the thread if SA advertised. I don't think it does, but maybe this is how it should do? Adverts on free or otherwise unmoderated forums showing the kind of things people get banned/probated for here. Either it'll attract trolls and feed Lowtax :10bux: or else maybe it'll attract people who think "hey, this forum has people being dicks, maybe on SA people don't actually just get to spam racism and be creepy weirdos?!"

I don't think that last thing you said is true, but I welcome your ideas regardless.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Just make Widestancer a mod already, tia.

I'd say she deserves the position, but that would be an indictment of sorts.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SJWs aren't real.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I'm glad that the Games forum is finally getting a chance to talk about Deus Ex

Lol. Yeah, kind of a boneheaded pick, if you ask me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What is a reddit meme?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Can someone link me to a particularly meme-heavy thread in Games? I gots to see this !!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How about a different thread than the one we're posting in, genius. Real brain master over here. I'm on mobile so Maybe @zen death robot can provide me a pro smiley to represent my exasperation with this rear end clown.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you - says it better than words ever could.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'd still really like to see one of these meme dominated threads, if anyone has a link handy.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

New thought: let's talk about more interesting things we can do or threads we can make

Video Game Awards, for goons, by goons.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

Can we keep some memes?

Sure, but which ones? Everyone's got a favorite.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

Can we keep some memes?

Sure, but which ones? Everyone's got a favorite.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Would one of the old Archeage threads having multiple pages composed of almost nothing but "feels" spam count? The pedophile defenders were complete fuckups, but at least put some effort into trolling them/calling them out, like people did before and after the "feels" spam.

I've always been partial to the feels meme, so I'm afraid I can't fairly judge the events of that thread - except to say pedophilia is wrong.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

I agree with CoffeeBooze that the community should decide the rules. We should have a meme voting tournament to decide which we like the best.

My sword for Pepe.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The State of Games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok the battle between Widestancer and the Coffee Man is insanely gay and boring at this point. What are you guys upset about, hmm? MMO? Meme? It's garbage. I won't tolerate any more of it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

For fucks sake, post the memes you like and play the games you love. isn't that what life is all about?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Widestancer posted:

You're going off the deep end and it's amazing. I can't wait to see where this goes.

I foresee an incredibly lulzy Saclopedia entry on the crazy coffee man some months down the line.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

So, was there any actual stuff that I should read in the past several pages or can I assume that it's more crap that doesn't help me at all

Oh, nothing... just one of the most epic beat downs this subforum has seen in ages.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

CoffeeBooze posted:

Most people have evil spirits. You? You have stupid spirits. Go see shaman, get hole in head... Big hole... Very big... Huge.

Prob this guy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Kewpuh for the love of all that is holy please change you av back, I beg you.

I'm upset about it as well.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

if you want my legit opinion about a Thing, there should be less 'send this thread to imp zone, boys' stuff going on

Imp Zone shouldn't be a gas chamber, it should be its own forum. if a thread is bad, actually gas it. If a thread is good, let it stay in Games unless the OP specifically requests a move to Imp Zone, or the people in the thread reach a consensus, or something. Basically, less using imp zone as a punishment, since all that does is encourage the weird culture war mentality that some people have.

From what i can tell, we've been moving away from that anyway, but I just wanted to reinforce that that's a good direction.

In what way is being sent to imp zone a punishment?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

Yeah, that's true, but a few months back it seemed like you were popping up in Imp Zone every month or so to go 'alright what Funny Troll should we do now?'

I think the last time you made a thread like that it led to absolutely nothing, but

That's my point, it shouldn't be one, but the Smash thread got sent there for being insanely bad. I mean, it got kind of decent afterwards and things worked out, but I'm not a fan of the mentality behind that decision.

I would not consider it a punishment to be sent to a hospital to treat my horrible HIV AIDS and meet cool new friends.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I haven't. Weird.

I would be insanely sad if you ended your life, and I suspect others would be as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

elf help book posted:

It's in every thread, and in my emails, and blasted on TV. I wake up in the morning and "kill yourself" is written in my palms and on my bathroom mirror. I can hear it in the wind.

• Locked thread