Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Stux posted:

change my loving avatar

How do you feel about hot dog hats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

memes for some, miniature simpsons references for others.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SumYungGui posted:

The trolling with effort can be really hilarious and is something I legit look forward to. Watching people get baited into owning themselves in the ArcheAge thread was the only reason to read it for weeks at a time. Then we get like four straight pages of image meme macro posting, "ironically" unironic racism and homophobia, eyepops, empty quotes and poo poo posting without even a hint of effort. Just F5 and mash on the keyboard, LE COMEDY! The fun part of watching people be loving stupid is washed away in a tide of poo poo. There's no content, no effort, nothing to salvage or enjoy.

Any attempt to even try to get it back on track is met with 'LAWL I M le puppe mster' bullshit and more of the above. Even right here in this exact thread, that exact routine is playing out when people want to have a discussion about the state of the games forum in the state of the games forum thread. Every twelve year old on the internet can puke that stuff up on reddit all day long. I was attracted to SA because of the moderation that kept that poo poo in check and allowed conversations to take place.

I am sorry that posters did not treat Archeage thread goers tripping over themselves of their own volition to debate in exactly what cultural and political contexts having sex with underage children was "not so bad" to the amount of effort and respectful trolling you believe that they deserved.

• Locked thread