Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Captain Toad is a pretty fun game. There you have it, the state of games for December 2014.

It's kind of problematic in that Toadette gets kidnapped and has to be rescued though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It would be pretty rad if a bunch of people installed Warcraft 2 Battle.net edition and we all played online. The other suggestions are good, except The Longest Journey is too loving long and KOTOR might be too.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

If being more relaxed means the future of the forum is filled with garbage posters like Widestancer then let's go back to heavy-handed moderation

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Stux posted:

idk that kind of comment would be valid and accepted for other forms of media

If every single discussion about Casablanca (for example) was inevitably hijacked by some kid who just finished their first semester at Tumblr U explaining why Bogart is a cishet shitlord, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be considered acceptable by anyone.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Endorph posted:

Yeah, and I can see why someone would make that post? Obviously it's overdramatic and not strictly true (for one thing I don't think Japanese devs are targeting *white* dudes) but the fact is most western developers are white dudes making games for white dudes. Since you responded to that post with

I'll try to answer. If development teams were more diverse, making games for more diverse audiences, then games would be more diverse. And I don't necessarily mean diverse in a 'look, there's a black dude' way, I mean that there would be a wider range of ideas coming in, which would lead to more variety in design, settings, themes, etc. Even if you couldn't give a poo poo about anything remotely related to story, it'd have an effect on the kind of games that are being made, mechanically.

For an example of what I mean, look at Hidden Object games. Those games are, from what I can tell, targeted at older women. Moms, basically. While I don't think they're really the pinnacle of game design, they represent a genre that came into existence solely because the devs were targeting a demographic besides dudes aged 18-36 - if they were targeting that demographic, after all, the games would probably be closer to 'escape the room' type games, with larger puzzles to solve and a more immediate conflict at hand. By making the decision a demographic that's both older, female, and assumed to have not played that many games, the game design changed from what would have been the norm.

this is the Gamesiest post ive ever made but basically, i dont know about that guy, but im not really saying 'kill all white dudes,' just 'it'd be cool if games had a wider variety of people making them, and were willing to go outside the box some in terms of design and story' peace

So diversity means more lovely Facebook games made for grandmas. Sweet, where the gently caress do I sign up?

gently caress, I agree with your premise (diversity is good) but what a lovely example.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Endorph posted:

hidden object games were the only example i could think of

Portal would probably be a good example.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

I have been at this for years. My only regret is not having any screenshots of WoW or Wilson's SMP bans/altercations. They were quite glorious. Your Participation partial credit in Archeage is amateur at best. Stick with me kid and Ill take you to the pro leagues.

The funniest part is that you spent actual money to play all of these lovely games. Nobody is owned more by those chatlogs than you are.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Drinkfist posted:

Before I go. Do you have a Wii U gamecube adapter?

gently caress no, but just because they sold out instantly apparently

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

CoffeeBooze posted:

The thread got poo poo up in large part because of your posting.

Perhaps the same could be said of all threads

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

I think all Games posters should visit Imp Zone because it's a pretty good place. I also think Imp Zone posters shouldn't have disdain for Games because of a few crazy shitheads. Both subforums have their strengths and weaknesses but they also both fall under the SA Games umbrella where we stand together as gaming brothers

Is Imp Zone not just the new YCS? I figured it would just be another bunch of retards high-fiving each other about ironic (but not really) racism and lovely video game memes, byob style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Widestancer posted:

The goons who think that poo poo is unfunny could possibly benefit by being a bit more thick skinned. Then the "unfunny" stuff probably wouldn't happen.

When you pull out ageofconsentmap.jpeg or talk like a grizzled WW2 veteran about doxxing other goons for your spaceship game or get really pissed when someone talks bad about a developer of a game which is tanking (who doesn't even care herself which makes it even funnier) who posts here well um

Maybe you're the source of comedy and you don't know it. Part of being mature is having thick skin. If you want people to act more mature maybe don't make absolutely retarded arguments (see archeage/eve threads) or have the resilience of tissue paper (wildstar thread).

I'm sure you're just trolling here but the problem isn't that anyone has thin skin. it's that le epic reddit memes aren't actually funny at all m'lady. That's the reason most of us paid 10bux to join this community instead of going to one of the other dozens of websites out there filled with hilariously wacky posters like you.

• Locked thread