Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
if you see someone posting like a dork you should call them a dork instead of coming to a thread like this to complain about dorks imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yall dorks

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

There used to be a stickied thread about what games the mods were playing and I think Louisgod(?) even posted his Wii Fit progress chart in it and I thought you should bring that back Kewpuh.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Well, one of the ones I was particularly thinking of in this case was the Super Smash Brothers thread right around when the Japanese release happened. It basically became an unreadable mess of no-effort posting, people reposting the same (unrelated) images over and over again, and that sort of thing. It was eventually moved to the Imp Zone and left to die.

In that case though it feels kind of lovely because it was a fairly hyped game that people were interested in with new leaks and information coming out fairly regularly, which is a situation where I don't think super-strict moderation is necessary but where low-effort white-noise posting really kinda hurt the entire thread. I don't think you need to Only Discuss The Game Upon Penalty Of Death but still.

That thread's still open and posted in a lot, it's not "left to die". I doubt those regular posters think it hurt the thread. People just wanted to chat and you didn't.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Then why not make a thread in the Imp Zone and chat there?

Why not make a new thread in Games when it was getting too chatty?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Because it doesn't really make a lot of sense for the rule to be "a thread can be in Games until Imp Zone decides they want it, at which point Games is obligated to make a new thread."

The Smash thread regulars weren't Imp Zone posters until after the thread was moved there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Just post whatever wherever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

All MMO players are diseased.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Yeah, since in tyool 2014 on the internet comedy forum Somethingawful dot Com repeatedly telling someone you hope they end up unemployed and on food stamps is the pinnacle of comedy!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

CoffeeBooze posted:

I am really surprised you would give this advice, especially considering you are the one who melted down and started ranting about white knighting in the Wildstar thread.

The only thing these idiotic "le puppet master troll!!!!" posts accomplish is derailing threads and causing drama that no one enjoys. Its not about thick skins, its not even about staying on topic. Its about how people are getting into the obnoxious habit of being blatantly malicious and unfunny which causes otherwise ok threads to become cesspits.

Do you play any non-MMO games?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I joined for the file forums.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Please add Steam account linking so I can use all of my owned Steam emotes on this site as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Duh he linked the wildstar thread, a very relevant thread for a good game with socially well adjust goons who post lots of interesting content filled posts and was ruined by trolling

Stop saying content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Can we keep some memes?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Sure, but which ones? Everyone's got a favorite.

I agree with CoffeeBooze that the community should decide the rules. We should have a meme voting tournament to decide which we like the best.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

CoffeeBooze posted:

Good thing I just picked up one of these handy Gamecube adapters at my local Gamestop.

I don't understand this meme.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Endorph posted:

those posts are very weird but i do not wish for the death of anyone, especially on livestream. in fact i do not find suicide funny at all. i wish only for the peace and mental health of all gamers, even the weird ones.

I want the mmorons dead.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sword_man.xmas posted:

links?

if it's happening constantly like you say then it should be pretty easy to find some recent examples.

It's in every thread, and in my emails, and blasted on TV. I wake up in the morning and "kill yourself" is written in my palms and on my bathroom mirror. I can hear it in the wind.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

You really think it's hard to find hostile shitposting trying to derail conversation in the Games forums these days? I won't use this thread since it's just too easy, but sticking just to the last pages of threads on the first page of the forum:

And that's when I gave up. Not that I think these people need to be probated, just that by going easy on the worst of it the entire forum has developed a hostile atmosphere.

I like having some posts like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

lmao

• Locked thread