Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Kewpuh posted:

So, was there any actual stuff that I should read in the past several pages or can I assume that it's more crap that doesn't help me at all

Voyager I said some good stuff that I agree with.

To throw my two cents down, I was a little put off by the change in tone in Games. However, I believe the laxer posting standards are an overall good thing, even if I personally don't enjoy them. I've found myself taking this poo poo too seriously sometimes, it's good to get some perspective. I still read Games, and Imp Zone is pretty cool even though I have no desire to post there.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Kewpuh posted:

Ya but this was also back when Imp Zone had converted from DDRD, the stylesheet had been changed from the abomination, and I was throwing poo poo at the wall hoping to think of some reason to spice up the place.

Just a small suggestion that the Games forum rules post should indicate that Imp Zone isn't just for no effort posting. It's not DDRD anymore, and that rule post might give the wrong impression.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

CoffeeBooze posted:

I am trying to think of a situation where calling someone a human being and telling them to kill themselves is a funny joke. I cant think of any though.

Some pretty basic stuff just isn't going to be funny to anyone outside of Stormfront. Dinging people for going into that territory should be pretty simple.

Man, I even sort of agree with you that I don't care for the tone the forum has taken. But at some point, you got to realize that the problem is what you want out of this forum. As much as I might have appreciated Zero Tolerance, it must be an absolute nightmare to moderate.

The only thing I've had to do is just ignore a lot more people. And by that I mean the act of just ignoring it and moving on (not the ignore button). You can also post less, or spend less time in the Games forum if you really don't like the tone.

• Locked thread