Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Zombie Samurai posted:

I'm imagining this like the movie/book of the month that Cinema Discusso and Book Barn do, but instead of Citizen Kane or Pride and Prejudice it's loving Ragnarok Online or something.

So yeah let's do this.

This is a good and fun idea, but would a regular game of the month thread get any interest? Like it could be in December you need to play/replay Doom 2 and talk about how much you love/hate Doom 2 for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Endorph posted:

Ideally the game of the month should be something easily attainable - on steam or GOG, and/or on PSN/Xbox Live/EShop. Probably something that's older, too, both so it isn't redundant (people are already playing through and discussiong, say, Dragon Age Inquisition) and so it can be gotten for cheaper than a full price game.

This is what I was thinking as well, as not only does it allow the most possible people to participate but it also will maybe let me finally get at my GOG backlog.

May 8, 2006

If y'all want me to put together the game of the month thread I can do it later today. Just figure out what game you'd want to start with - something kind if on the shorter end since the month is partway done already.

If no one has any better ideas I'll toss out Sanitarium, LOOM, or Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 9, 2014

May 8, 2006

I posted the regular game of the month idea that people seemed kind of into. With the chat thread and the bad game of the month thread hopefully there can be a bit more than megathreads bouncing around.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687062

May 8, 2006

I picked it because it is easy to get and get into, and the thread is starting kind of late in a month that also shares lots of holiday events/traveling for people. It's not an inspired choice or anything but I figured in January we could pick something more obscure. Not actually Obscure, because that game is kind of bad.

I mean if everyone hates it we can make a different thread and close that one, it's not a big deal.

May 8, 2006

So hypothetically what would a base line standard of posting be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

I would suggest that if someone is posting too many memes you don't like, you could use the ignore function. Just don't post about ignoring someone because then you look like a huge dingus.

• Locked thread