Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

How often are the horses smiling in the base game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Yeah, the freaking "realistic marriage mod"

WOW, how did you become so truth teller?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I just started the In Bloom legacy challenge while on a break from my regular legacy save. I like that it's making me do things I've never done before like grow a cowplant, but my god is gardening a whole lot of bullshit. Growing 5 perfect plants is going to take forever.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Which gen are you on in your legacy challenge? I've always wanted to complete it but the farthest I've ever got was gen 3. I guess my attention span is too short, sadly

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

macabresca posted:

Which gen are you on in your legacy challenge? I've always wanted to complete it but the farthest I've ever got was gen 3. I guess my attention span is too short, sadly

Gen 7 is a toddler! It's not really a challenge though, I just like playing one family forever. I play on long lifespan usually. I think I started this save when Eco Lifestyle came out, so it's been a while. I take loooong breaks and resume when new expansions come out.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
The problem for me is that I can't really resume playing on the same save after taking a break. I don't know why.
It's kind of a shame. I love the idea of playing with one family for a long time, making their house bigger and bigger, having some memorabilia from earlier generations around the house. But I lack the resolve to actually get there

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Caphi posted:

They've reinvented Oblivion conversations. Honestly kind of brilliant.

Weren't those just reheated Half-Life "conversations"?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

macabresca posted:

The problem for me is that I can't really resume playing on the same save after taking a break. I don't know why.
It's kind of a shame. I love the idea of playing with one family for a long time, making their house bigger and bigger, having some memorabilia from earlier generations around the house. But I lack the resolve to actually get there

I move houses a lot but it's always a treat to visit a home and be like "hey, I built this four years ago!"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

has anybody tried all this and is it worth the effort?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131162350

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
You don't have to do everything on there but it's a pretty good walkthrough for the essential bugfix mods. The fixes definitely make the game a whole lot more playable, but just know it's always gonna be Janky.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

At the very least, you probably want to make sure it's not running at infinite FPS.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Every time I decide to want to play Sims 3 again I think of all the effort it requires to play Sims 3 again and just go back to playing 4 while complaining about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Here's what you need to do: limit FPS in your GPU driver, install Smooth Patch, play game. That's it. The Steam guide is basically useless and a lot of the information it has is either straight-up wrong or just useless advice that wastes time without producing significant improvement in anything.