Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
The trailer showed a sim getting killed by what looked like black mold so slumlord storylines are gonna be pretty lit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Also adds breaking and entering, which is kind of cool, although I'd rather see the return of the burgler

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Actually kind of dope, this stuff was one of the biggest things missing from the game as it stands imo.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I hope we get more grungy, old items and clutter. I always want to put my freshly moved out sims in a cheap rear end broken apartment but all the apartments are huge, even the couple of ones in San Myshuno that Need TLC and are meant to be run down. Big enough for two bedrooms easily. Can't wait to make a lovely bedsit :thumbsup:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
or a trailer park!

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Waterbed Wendy posted:

or a trailer park!

I used the Strangerville, Eco Living and Werewolf packs to make a really grungy run down trailer park last year. My eco-warrior, off the grid family werewolves lived in it, and had a blood feud with the posh capitalist vampires who lived across the street from them, it was a most entertaining way to spend a few hours.

I'm hoping this pack has more in the way of long-term entertainment than Horse Girl Pack, which was miserably sparse on actual fun gameplay, though the world was lovely.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
https://youtu.be/lNVlk8w6eg4?si=uV_2W7aizBptNX5I

New sims-like from a Korean company, out in 2024. Impressions from playtests are apparently pretty good actually, and it’s from one of Korea’s biggest game companies so there’s actually a reasonable chance they could pull it off. Actually moderately hopeful.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice song. im not sure why it took so long for people to try to make a competitor brand considering how big sims 2 was forever ago but hopefully one of them will actually release.

tried to think of a sims-like that actually came out and the only one that comes to mind was that playboy mansion game? lol

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 14, 2023

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Don't forget The Singles!

I try to forget The Singles

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
question is does it run better than the sims 3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Koramei posted:

New sims-like from a Korean company, out in 2024. Impressions from playtests are apparently pretty good actually, and it’s from one of Korea’s biggest game companies so there’s actually a reasonable chance they could pull it off. Actually moderately hopeful.

lmao

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Koramei posted:

This isn’t Nexon, for anyone who was worried. :ohdear:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Koramei posted:

Wow this looks really good, how have I not heard anything about this? You can't just pop up out of nowhere and go "Hey we got a sims that brings back open world, create a style and you can even edit the town you live in"

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

That lady has a huge pussy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Leal posted:

Wow this looks really good, how have I not heard anything about this? You can't just pop up out of nowhere and go "Hey we got a sims that brings back open world, create a style and you can even edit the town you live in"

i did a google and got the impression it was recently announced. publisher is the pubg company

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Super No Vacancy posted:

nice song. im not sure why it took so long for people to try to make a competitor brand considering how big sims 2 was forever ago but hopefully one of them will actually release.

tried to think of a sims-like that actually came out and the only one that comes to mind was that playboy mansion game? lol

The Desperate Housewives game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh there are a few of these

https://youtu.be/Z_sX6MCPSCQ?si=mou88skBBELXptdK

seems like they simulate the whole world to some level with other people winning the lottery and poo poo which is my main concern going from nraas 3 to sims 4 dollhouses

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 18, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Buschmaki posted:

The Desperate Housewives game

The horny and horrible Singles games

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is it weird my big hope for Sims 5 is 'Sims 3 but better graphics?' I just want some gameplay back.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
It's not weird at all, but it is probably a recipe for disappointment.

There's a lot I like about the Sims 4 that I hope they carry forward into the next game, but no matter what I'm confident that they're also going to take "charging too much money for much smaller expansions" along, too. Unless someone figures out an even uglier business model, anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

been looking at inzoi videos and its funny seeing the sims community bump up against current pc gaming requirements where the comments are very concerned about hd space and saying 'they should work with pc manufacturers to make the prices for new computers more affordable so they can sell more games'

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That game's presentation is way too realistic for its own good. It is kinda off-putting to have a Sims game but 100% dedicated to photorealism instead of silly cartoon graphics.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sims 4 is too drat sloooooow. The wait when moving from one location to another is ridiculous.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I want Sims 5 to be the best parts of 2-4 together, which means we will probably get the worst parts of 2-4 together.

ZeeCee
Jan 6, 2023

I think the big thing about the Krafton game is that unless they deliberately go to lengths to make it moddable, the UE5 + Metahuman combination that they are using to get such photo realistic graphics are also going to make it beyond the practical limits of most modders. I think it's fair to say that most life simulators' longevity comes as much from their mods as it does from the graphics and developer support.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In a modest first I had a Sim die from being hysterical. And because it's the Sims she purposefully got up from her computer, walked down the hallway a bit and then laughed herself to death like the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

In a modest first I had a Sim die from being hysterical. And because it's the Sims she purposefully got up from her computer, walked down the hallway a bit and then laughed herself to death like the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

I had a sim die from laughter after her toddler told a joke, another sim begged for the Grim Reaper to spare her life, she was revived with the same Hysterical mood and died again before I could get her to a mirror to calm down.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets

ZeeCee posted:

I think the big thing about the Krafton game is that unless they deliberately go to lengths to make it moddable, the UE5 + Metahuman combination that they are using to get such photo realistic graphics are also going to make it beyond the practical limits of most modders. I think it's fair to say that most life simulators' longevity comes as much from their mods as it does from the graphics and developer support.

I dunno, oddly enough I think pulling off photo realism these days can be easier than well-done stylization. Modern modeling programs + PBR materials basically churn out photorealistic stuff out of the box. As nicely optimized game assets it’s a bit more of an ask but not a gigantic bar or anything for modders to be baking normal maps and so on; it’s easier than stuff used to be 10-15 years ago. A lot of modders have trouble matching the EA style for Sims 4 really.

That said, the game’s setting looks like it’s going to be so utterly Korean that I think a lot of the international audience might find themselves leaning on mods even more than usual, lol.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I am very much enjoying building blocks of flats in preparation for the upcoming expansion pack. I can't do anything with these hyper-realistic competitors. Reminds me of alpha custom content for Sims 4 which looks horrifying anyway

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the second location is los angeles and they have a bunch of skin color options and are clearly targeting westerners so i expect there will just be a few charming idiosyncratic cultural differences if youre intent on playing america. the major concern is probably if they sanitize the lgbt and sex stuff. the clothes and furniture editor seems powerful enough to make tons of mods obsolete if they include many pieces, plus built-in stable diffusion for textures and artwork

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

eating only apples posted:

I am very much enjoying building blocks of flats in preparation for the upcoming expansion pack. I can't do anything with these hyper-realistic competitors. Reminds me of alpha custom content for Sims 4 which looks horrifying anyway

Yeah, one of the Sim YouTubers I watch has been turning a lot of the weird big houses into apartments in prep. It's pretty cool.

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm always disappointed how nobody who gets early access to a game with a character creator shows off the monster maker potential. I'm not expecting Oblivion levels of head shaped like a flatfish with a pink bio-luminescent comb over, but something like what TS4 already allows would be a nice minimum.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
Theres actually an event in Korea where the general public can try it. Right now I think it’s just in Busan in the south but if they do one up in Seoul I’ll try to make a monster for you.

Super No Vacancy posted:

the second location is los angeles and they have a bunch of skin color options and are clearly targeting westerners so i expect there will just be a few charming idiosyncratic cultural differences if youre intent on playing america. the major concern is probably if they sanitize the lgbt and sex stuff. the clothes and furniture editor seems powerful enough to make tons of mods obsolete if they include many pieces, plus built-in stable diffusion for textures and artwork

Oh huh cool, I hadn’t been paying enough attention.
But yeah I definitely don’t expect it to be even close to as inclusive as Sims 4 has gotten lately.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PolarPear posted:

I'm always disappointed how nobody who gets early access to a game with a character creator shows off the monster maker potential. I'm not expecting Oblivion levels of head shaped like a flatfish with a pink bio-luminescent comb over, but something like what TS4 already allows would be a nice minimum.

I felt they did that by jokerfying the guy

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

PolarPear posted:

Obviously Will Wright had the right idea getting Robin Williams to demo the creature creator in Spore.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Super No Vacancy posted:

stable diffusion for textures and artwork

Hell yeah, exactly what I was hoping for in a new Sims game, AI "content" :barf:

PolarPear
Apr 4, 2010

Koramei posted:

Theres actually an event in Korea where the general public can try it. Right now I think it’s just in Busan in the south but if they do one up in Seoul I’ll try to make a monster for you.

Here's hoping. The lack of weird skin colors doesn't give me much hope though.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I felt they did that by jokerfying the guy

Makeup is good and all but I need a demonstration of the limits of the body sliders, I must know how closely the shape of the body and head can be to one of the platonic solids, or an orb. The the ability to apply textures to clothes will make for some wonderfully terrible outfits at least.

These are a couple of sims I made in under 10 minutes, the randomize sim button did much of the outfits and accessories. It makes me smile seeing them being dicks to everyone or cooking endless tofu dogs while my sim is doing normal things like smoking weed and making a snowman with a vampire in a park at 2 AM.

If any of the sims-like games come close to letting me unleash creations like that on the world I'll be happy.

PolarPear fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 20, 2023

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

Hell yeah, exactly what I was hoping for in a new Sims game, AI "content" :barf:

I'm like 90% sure EA will find some way to integrate AI into Sims 5 since it's the biggest goddamn buzzword around right now and it'll be incredibly dated in about two years. Probably something to do with their integrated paid mods because that will definitely also be a thing

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

steinrokkan posted:

I mean, the AI art thread in GBS is full of cool poo poo. It's like photoshop and used everywhere now, even in professional artists' workflow. You gotta move with the times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

eating only apples posted:

I am 100% going to make the cheaply built 1960s "cottage flats" we have here in Scotland, which are 4 units in a block, generally constructed of the most depressing grey concrete roughcast imaginable, to match the depressing perpetual grey of the Scottish sky. They are so horrid, and so notoriously riddled with damp, soundproofing and construction issues. My little sims are going to be SO miserable! It's going to be fun!

(Alpha custom content is so creepy, especially with the toddlers/children. Why do the toddlers have the option to have hair and clothing like a Kardashian circa 2015, why does they have pouty lip fillers and eyelash extensions and body jewellery? It's really uncomfortable.)