Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Lookin' to play a new Wii U eShop Virtual Console game tonight Poll vote
This poll is closed.
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow 18 17.65%
Fire Emblem 7 10 9.80%
DK: King of Swing 5 4.90%
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land 1 0.98%
Demon's Crest 2 1.96%
Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness 1 0.98%
Donkey Kong Jr. Math 19 18.63%
Super Mario Kart 1 0.98%
Castlevania III 22 21.57%
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap 8 7.84%
Metroid Fusion 11 10.78%
Kirby's Dream Land 3 4 3.92%
Total: 102 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Lookin' to play a new Wii U eShop Virtual Console game tonight.. Got 12 dollars in my Nintendo eshop wallet, not sure what to play, but I've been wanting to sit down on my couch and have fun with a new Wii U. Here's a poll for you to vote on what I should buy.

-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
-Fire Emblem 7
-DK: King of Swing
-Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
-Demon's Crest
-Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness
-Donkey Kong Jr. Math
-Super Mario Kart
-Castlevania III
-The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
-Metroid Fusion
-Kirby's Dream Land 3

Disclaimer posted:

I've played through Demon's Crest, Metroid Fusion, and Nightmare in Dreamland before. I've played FE7 and Kirbys dream land 3, but never beat them.

P.S. You can buy digital eShop game codes right off of nintendo.com now. If you're feeling generous, or you've got a bit of that Christmas spirit, I'd love some free Virtual Console games. PM me, add me on Steam, or hell - just post them here for a lurker to grab.. The more the merrier! Let's have fun online with Nintendo.

bonzibuddy64 fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
To make things fair, I will not vote in the poll.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Hmmmm...going with metroid fusion. nightmare in dreamland is a good 2nd pick though.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Minish Cap

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I played through Metroid Fussion when I was a kid, and I still have Super Metroid to play through, so i'm not so sure I want to jump into that one just yet. Who knows, though.. If it wins, it wins.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Have you played these before?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

thuly posted:

Minish Cap

Is this a good game.. I heard capcom developed it.. But also, the Zelda: Age of Secrets/ symphony of winter games they made for gameboy color were good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Is this a good game.. I heard capcom developed it.. But also, the Zelda: Age of Secrets/ symphony of winter games they made for gameboy color were good.

It's good. Enjoyed it a lot when I was younger.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

thuly posted:

Have you played these before?

Hmm.. I've played through Demon's Crest, Metroid Fusion, and Nightmare in Dreamland before. I've played FE7 and Kirbys dream land 3, but never beat them.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I played through Metroid Fussion when I was a kid, and I still have Super Metroid to play through, so i'm not so sure I want to jump into that one just yet. Who knows, though.. If it wins, it wins.

well gently caress op, i didn't know that. i'm not psychic.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Ill put a disclaimer in the OP.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
well in that case go with minish cap. i'd recommend aria but i've never played it and i don't feel comfortable recommending a game i've never played.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Minish cap is the 3rd best Zelda and excellent

E: aria rules big time but also kinda sucks to 100% BC its boring to grind drops

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just finished Aria of Sorrow myself OP, gonna take a wee break before hitting up the Julius Belmont mode or the NG+. Next I'll probably work on... Castlevania 1 or Legend of Link. Will get to Minish Cap after I play through Windwaker.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Hey dude, noticed you didn't have Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga on here... that's ok, it was probably a mistake. I voted for Fire Emblem 7, it's a great game.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

A cool drat horse posted:

Hey dude, noticed you didn't have Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga on here... that's ok, it was probably a mistake.

Already own it.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

if its anything other than metroid fusion, castlevania, or nightmare in dream land, who even cares

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Im interested in aria of sorrow but im instintively wary of GBA titles, for some reason. I dont think it was a great console.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Donkey Kong Math Jr.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Already own it.

Ah, very nice. Good luck on your night gaming, I'm playing Super Mario 3D World and I'm having a good time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

My social life being what it is, is largely the fault of Fire Emblem. At my college orientation I met a student who lived in the area because of his Fire Emblem 3DS, and through him I met almost all of my friends at school (although sometimes indirectly).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DrPaper posted:

Donkey Kong Math Jr.

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

awakening is the only fire emblem game ive ever liked because i am casual scum

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I am leaning towards the Fire Emblem that's on the eShop but I'm not sure...

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Im interested in aria of sorrow but im instintively wary of GBA titles, for some reason. I dont think it was a great console.

This instinct is wrong, bonzibuddy64. It's one of the greatest.

But I voted for Gargoyle's Quest II because it's great and I'm playing it now myself.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
DK King of Swing is the obvious choice here.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Aria of Sorrow, but I can't vote in the poll from my phone.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
ignore DK math and get Minish Cap, game owns

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you shouldnt buy any of them cuz youll only play it for 5 minutes and then return to this thread to complain, op

Soral
May 30, 2009

Wootman posted:

ignore DK math

impossible

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the gba/ds castlevanias are the best ones

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

you shouldnt buy any of them cuz youll only play it for 5 minutes and then return to this thread to complain, op

If you don't have anything nice to post, then don't post at all.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Still haven't made a choice. Honestly, I'm kind of torn between Aria of Sorrow and FE7. It would be kind of Epic to make some miiverse posts about Fire Emblem, my first time playing it since I was a kid, posting about all my favorite characters I remembered and what not. On the other hand, I don't like that there's no time for a breather in between missions, and you can permanently gently caress up and miss a lot of stuff.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Still haven't made a choice. Honestly, I'm kind of torn between Aria of Sorrow and FE7. It would be kind of Epic to make some miiverse posts about Fire Emblem, my first time playing it since I was a kid, posting about all my favorite characters I remembered and what not. On the other hand, I don't like that there's no time for a breather in between missions, and you can permanently gently caress up and miss a lot of stuff.

There's not a lot of stuff you can miss that isn't obvious. Don't worry about supports, and buy spare weapons/items when you can.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

bonzibuddy64 posted:

If you don't have anything nice to post, then don't post at all.

im trying to help, you should buy a game you can trade in later

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
aria of sorrow is very good

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

donkey Kong jr. math, invest in your education, invest in your future op

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i voted for dk math to troll you but now i have the urge to play fire emblem so i change my vote to that sorry

Dec 26, 2012

im pretty much obligated to vote fire emblem but there are a bunch of really good games in that list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I voted minish cap because I think bonzibuddy would enjoy that game most.

• Locked thread