Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

catlord posted:

I never got that chance to read The Nightmare Warriors, that does sound rather dire. On the other hand, the Avatar comics were absolutely dreadful, only marginally better than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre ones. Good article, any chance we'll be seeing overviews of the other New Line horror comics?

I am consistently shocked at how hard it is to find the Innovation Nightmare on Elm Street comics. Apparently they printed three of the goddamned things and locked the original art up in a Mayan temple somewhere behind a rolling-boulder trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I read that too, and I've read a couple of them. They're genuinely unsettling, although the Halloween franchise in general never quite descended into self-parody to the extent of the other major franchises, Busta Rhymes notwithstanding.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

TwoPair posted:

To be fair, it doesn't take much to be better than the Halloween sequels.

I was watching the Cinema Snob's videos about the fourth and fifth films, and he mentioned in passing the sheer amount of behind-the-scenes, bureaucratic nonsense that surrounded them. It's sort of interesting.

• Locked thread