Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

"The war is over/the future is prevented... OR IS IT?!"
You could literally put those words onscreen to match the action at the end of T:Gynysys. It was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
AV Club interview with Jhonen Vasquez about the new Zim comic

Haven't read this yet, and I haven't had a chance to read the issue I picked up yesterday, but I'm hoping for the best here.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Ghost Boner posted:

what's the chance of IDW reprinting the original ROM series? Slim? It's slim, right? I've never read it and I'm super interested in reading it because I hear nothing but universal praise for it.

I know they've been reprinting Marvel-branded Transformers comics, but I imagine those don't feature Marvel properties.
There are X-Men, Hulks, and almost everyone else at one point or another over the 60 issues. IDW ain't reprinting poo poo.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Most of those aren't as painful as you'd expect.

Most....
Whichever one was pretty much a direct sequel to AoD (Ashes 2 Ashes? Agh, it's been too long...) was, as I was reading it, a complete delight. It invovled Sheila and some more time-fuckery and it was surprisingly fun. It's probably terrible, but :shrug:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Action Man seems a bit...unnecessary at that point. Is it that popular a thing? Am I just out of touch with the youth of today?!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Chairman Capone posted:

Out of curiosity, was the Karen Traviss GI Joe comic where Cobra are the real heroes as bad as I would assume a comic with that concept and author would be?

Followup question: How many times does she sneak in references to Mandalorians?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Please point me to a single scene that casts the empire and its goals in a sympathetic light.
When they tried to finally put down the Ewok menace threatening the galaxy

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 23, 2016

• Locked thread