Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lightning Lord posted:

Immediately read Transformers vs GI Joe.

I'll second MTMTE though, I just picked it up expecting a decent romp but it's the second best Transformers comic I've ever read. The issue about Chromedome and Rewind is worth it alone.

Transformers Vs GI Joe (The one set in WW2) has always made me think that a fairly MA rated GI Joe comic set in WW2 would/could be fun and interesting. Make them basically a specops team attached to the OSS, make Cobra a rogue SS division, similar to Hydra in the cap movies. You can even tie in the mystical cobra poo poo by putting the initial part of the setting in North Africa, maybe have Cobra digging up some temple to Set/trying to gain more power.

The Joes can be special forces archetypes; Shipwreck would be a precursor to UDT/Seals, Bazooka would be a demolitions/heavy weapons dude. Snakeeyes an American expat who escaped Japan right before the war went hot. The whole snakeyes/stormshadow rivalry would be that the ninjas didn't support the emperors war and Stormshadow murdered the master and took over etc etc.

I mean considering the various Joe archetypes are basically spinoffs from WW2 ideas, why not set it there? Would have the nice side effect of getting away from the lasers/robots and tank designs with open cockpits.

Fakeedit: This may already exist, I have no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread