Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh most of the weird black and white poo poo wasn't in the originals, you have theEU and prequels to thank for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nope, the originals weren't complicated but they were far from black and white. Which they shouldn't be, that would be boring as poo poo. You can go to far, as the weird Jedi=nazi thing shows but the later Eu was much more interesting than the earlier ones.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oddly specific, it does have a scene with a smuggler who Murders a dude. The empire is hardly thing it doesn't have any real goals.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

With the fall of the empire they now have ships.

What have you done Luke?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Star Wars is at its worst when it's a black and white story but Lucas loved the idea (he reportedly hated KOTOR2 because of that.)so I don't think it was intentional. Lucas also has no idea how to stage a coup, but I digress.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 23, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Great Britian and France beg to differ.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The USA as well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ah but the ones who didn't had no free will then.

Edit: though clones deserted too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Arguing in bad faith about minutiae sure is fun.

I would assume or you would have stopped posting ages ago.

• Locked thread