Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was just looking around for Onyx talk on the forum and discovered that ROM is getting a new comic book series?

I mean I'd rather Marvel have gotten the rights back but holy poo poo yes!

...Please don't suck Rom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This is by no means the weirdest thing they've ever done with Scooby Doo.

So sure let's see where that goes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Scooby Doo On Zombie Island is still the best serious Scooby Doo story ever made got it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

OldMemes posted:

The zero issue of ROM wasn't bad, though it'll remain to see how good he is outside of the Marvel context. I'm not sure why Marvel just didn't buy the rights back, at least for reprints. There's certainly a demand for the old ROM issues, and I'm sure Hasbro wouldn't ask that much for a toy they haven't used in how many years. Just split the money 50/50. James Gunn wanted ROM to be in Guardians of the Galaxy, so that would have spurred interest in trade papaerbacks of the original run.

I don't think Hasbro has actually ever made an action figure of ROM before.

Parker Brothers did and then Hasbro bought ROM years later. I think there was some Chibi thing released?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not digging the new 'COOL AND SLEEK AND MODERN" Rom design, have to be honest.

Dude works best when he's just a big dumb bleep bloop robot retro 70s barely functional action figure man.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A.o.D. posted:

I'm not too encouraged by Rom#1. The art is fine, but the pacing is butt. They're killing off too many potential support characters without developing them first, and they're doing a crossover in issue 2. The original was far more willing to establish a supporting cast, and when they were finally killed off, it made the event far more impactful. This may sound a bit strange, but I think IDW needs to slow things down for this to work.

That's just a problem with modern comics across the board. Everyone is in a goddamn hurry to get to the next thing every time

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenomrph posted:

She really is a hack, and I instantly lost all hope in Gears of War 3 being a satisfying conclusion to that trilogy once I learned she was writing it.

I still get a chuckle about her colossal Star Wars meltdown when the Clone Wars cartoon trolled the everloving poo poo out of her, though.

Explain this please it sounds amazing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Missing poo poo like this is why I regret not being part of the fandom sooner, this all sounds amazing in just the most batshit way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chairman Capone posted:

She actually likes the prequels (because the "good guys win" when the clones kill the Jedi) and dislikes the original trilogy (she wrote a book about how common soldiers like Vader and how he's the real hero to them because he cares for his soldiers).

Vader.

The man who casually murders his subordinates because they are not moving fast enough on an insane project that they're already over working on.

Clearly he is the best of bosses of which there are no equivalents

• Locked thread