Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

That would be it. I don't have the issue on me at the moment, but I think it was "NOW COMIX BLOS" due to them loving him over on pay.

NOW Comics was like a bizarre proto-IDW that was mainly known for having a ton of licensed comics like Ghostbusters, Fright Night, Speed Racer and Green Hornet.

Famous for licensed comics and loving people over on pay? Sounds more like proto-Dreamwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
loving gently caress. I really need to read IDW's Godzilla.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Superheroes want to get into adventures where they destroy bad guys but get sidetracked into fighting their friends. Ryu just wants to fight his friends and gets sidetracked into adventures where he destroys bad guys.

You'd like DBZ.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The manga, then. Way faster.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The definitive crossover of these two properties has already been made.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This has made me realise that I want to see a TMNT/Gargoyles crossover

Gargoyles/Daredevil. Their both in New York!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Raising a literal army of child soldiers is pretty weird inherently, but she's such a huge diva about it. A better writer would take issues like that and the other flaws of the pre-Empire Jedi Order and handle them with a lot more subtlety.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

I always thought the attempts to introduce shades of grey to a setting where the bad guys wear black and have a giant Death Star was idiotic at best and malicious at worst.

The Jedi shouldn't be sketchy, the Republic shouldn't be corrupt and "deserving" of being usurped by the Sith. That can't exist in the same world as the original three films. Wanting it to is nothing but a manifestation of cynicism.

You're not wrong, but that's the narrative the prequels and surrounding EU went for. Sketchy pre-Empire Jedi and their army of child soldiers became a thing because of Lucas, and by Traviss' time, there wasn't gonna be any avoiding it. She just went in the dumbest possible direction with it.

I guess if you wanna justify it, the Empire may be worse than the corrupt Republic and sketchy Jedi Order, but things get worse before they get better.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 23, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Easy decision, no one gives a gently caress about MASK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

The MASK tie-in to the big Revolution crossover came out and it was fairly solid and works mostly as an issue #0, more than as a tie-in. There's one mention of Transformers and then Scarlett from GI Joe shows up at the end, but everything else seems pretty self-contained. Not a big fan of them making Matt Trakker a black dude and IMMEDIATELY making his back story 'troubled youth saved from jail by old white dude', though.

Oh, come on! That's what happened with Kid Flash too! How does that keep happening?

This, on the other hand, hooo boy. :shepspends:

• Locked thread