Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Here's my look at the history of RoboCop comics.

Almost 30 years, 5 publishers, over 100 issues. The best being Miller's Terminator crossover, Simon Furman's Marvel stuff and the current Boom Studios series.

That was good fun, it feels like there has been more than that over the years but I guess most of the Robocop comics to be produced really are modern releases.

A few things I'd like to add as someone who turns out, has also read through all the Robocop. Your article makes mention of it but at this point it seems like 90% of the Robocop comics are variations on covering the Millwr Robocop 2&3. Last few times a new series starts its like "oh, this again huh? Wonder what the twist is this time? Oh Anne's been dead for 3 issues huh? Well, that was a twist."
Which brings me to my least favorite thing about Robocop comics, let's all kill Lewis! All the time! What's this dumb lady doing hanging around our badass robot protagonist, gently caress that poo poo, murder her useless rear end. What's better than having someone for Robocop to dialogue with? Constant mental soliloquy! We killed all his friends so here's another 30 pages of Robocop thinking to himself in his head!

You're spot on with the Nu-Robocop stuff, Beta was a neat story and I have literally forgotten the rest they were so lame except the one that was the laziest story on the planet, you see guys it's about a rich man trafficking children, but he's rich you see so no one can touch him, yes this is a totally original story I made up on my own, do not steal! And then at the end since Nu-Robocop's hands are tied by law stuff a trafficked child shoots the bad man, who woulda seen that poo poo coming? Everyone? Oh.

I know there's more Robocop related thoughts bouncing around in my brain, and one day I'll actually read that big pile of Now Terminator comics I got for a dollar a few years ago. So that's all I got at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread