Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Speaking of Hasbro, Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye published by IDW has been really good since pretty much the beginning of the series. In the IDW universe, the war is over, and all the remaining Cybertronians were called back to Cybertron, which leads to a lot of tension, obviously. The situation on Cybertron is followed in the Transformers series (formerly Transformers: Robots in Disguise) which I liked up until after a crossover between the two changed the focus of the story. Anyway, MTMTE followed Rodimus deciding to find the Knights of Cybertron, a potentially mythical group of Transformers, and he takes along a rather ragtag crew of Autobots and Decepticons. It's really well written with great characterization and a sprawling plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please trigger warning that link

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Street Fighter X GI Joe is happening next year. Thankfully IDW is taking care of it, considering UDON's had some serious problems getting poo poo released for the past... ever.

Sagat's gonna kick the poo poo out of Nemesis Enforcer.

I hope we get more Street Fighter Joe figures.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghost Boner posted:

what's the chance of IDW reprinting the original ROM series? Slim? It's slim, right? I've never read it and I'm super interested in reading it because I hear nothing but universal praise for it.

I know they've been reprinting Marvel-branded Transformers comics, but I imagine those don't feature Marvel properties.
Marvel owns pretty much everything related to ROM other than ROM himself. The chances are about as close to zero as is possible.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh is that Stokoe again?

*Add to buy list*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is this where we finally see you crack?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad to see GI Joe character Dan Hibiki getting a solid win over a Street Fighter.

I assume the one paragraph explains it.

Gavok, is the comic actually any good?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Is there any specific impediment to IDW and Marvel co-publishing ROM reprints? Or is it just that splitting the profits on the project wouldn't be worth it to either party?

It almost certainly wouldn't be worth it to Marvel. The bulk of IDW's line sells in the 8k-14k range, with their best selling book at 16k. These would all either be canceled at Marvel or very close to it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

Action Man seems a bit...unnecessary at that point. Is it that popular a thing? Am I just out of touch with the youth of today?!

No, it's the children who are wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As long as the Lost Light and keep having wacky adventures, then whatever.

• Locked thread