Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I may be in the minority, but I sort of love the new Masters of the Universe DC has been putting out for the last couple of years. It's basically detached almost entirely from the continuity set up by past cartoons and comics, and has pretty much said, "gently caress it, let's just kind of go crazy".

It started with Keith Geffin writing it as a world where Skeletor won ( we later found out it was because of loving Orko after he got power from Hordak's skull), and from there has murdered off major characters, completely changed others (especially Teela), and has now come to the point where Etheria's armies have taken over Eternia. While it's pretty apparent the plot is sometimes being made up at the last second, the storyline has somehow remained surprisingly tight and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, I saw the first issue of the new run has Teela as a snake-witch, and He-Man and She-Ra are leading the Rebel Alliance or something?

Tella has become the new sorceress, has taken control of the Snake Men (after it was revealed that King Hiss had murdered and replaced He-Man's father, Randor, then led the team into Hell), and has taken up residence in Snake Mountain, which is the home base of the rebellion against Hordak's armies. Also, at one point, Tella manipulates She-Ra into cutting He-Man's throat.

The comic is sort of bonkers and fun.

• Locked thread