Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It kinda sounds like He-Man's Injustice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Literally The Worst posted:

Basically. The only things the publisher owns the rights to are things the publisher creates. This is what fucks up any chance of more ROM comics from anyone: ROM the character is owned by Hasbro, who's trying to stick with IDW. Literally everything else from that comic, and thus what people actually want from a new book/reprints, is owned by Marvel

That really sucks. I imagine DC gives less than a poo poo about it but some of those old Trek comics were pretty cool, like the movie-era series where the crew went to the Mirror Universe after the events of Star Trek III.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gavok posted:

Right now I'm working on an article where I'm reading every single RoboCop comic book. Over the years, RoboCop's been part of Marvel, Dark Horse, Dynamite, Avatar Press and now BOOM Studios. I'm currently trying to power my way through Frank Miller's RoboCop by Avatar Press.

Guys, it's so bad. For those who don't know, it's Steven Grant writing a comic based on Miller's original screenplay for RoboCop 2. Between Miller's uncut lunacy and the Avatar Press art style, I'm seriously feeling physically ill reading it.

What's interesting about it is that in the movie, the main villain Cain was addicted and selling a drug called Nuke. In the original script, the main villain is literally Nuke from Miller's Daredevil. Like, it's so blatant that he's supposed to be Nuke that it's kind of sad. I really hate this comic.

There was a really good article about that Robocop 2 comic once but I can't remember where it was now. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about, I think it compares the comic with the movie and how both of them are kind of inane in their own ways but the comic is seriously batshit nuts.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I love the simple directness of that cover. "It's called Godzilla in Hell, here's a big picture of Godzilla in Hell if that wasn't clear enough. You gonna buy me or what?"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gavok posted:

Here's my article on the history of Terminator comics.

Come for the panel of a Terminator throwing a burning stuffed bear at someone. Stay for the bizarre Cyborg Superman/T-X team-up.

I was not expecting this article to have a happy ending. :unsmith:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wanderer posted:

I read that too, and I've read a couple of them. They're genuinely unsettling, although the Halloween franchise in general never quite descended into self-parody to the extent of the other major franchises, Busta Rhymes notwithstanding.

Going back and watching Halloween Resurrection after knowing the trajectory of Katee Sackhoff's career makes it unintentionally even funnier, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gnome de plume posted:

Shaggy's looking a bit like Oliver Queen there.

So much that I feel like I'm missing an in-joke of some kind.

• Locked thread