Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

OldMemes posted:

ROM has got a big enough cult following and interested new readers (like myself - I've heard nothing but good things about ROM) that reprinted trades would sell. Marvel and IDW split the money, everyone's happy. Though knowing the world of business, it's probably not that simple.

I never understood why Marvel just didn't buy back ROM, especially now they have Disney money. I doubt Parker Brothers were really bothered about the character, and they could probably work out a deal for Marvel to get the rights?

Supposedly its always been Hasbro holding anything ROM related back. Even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the character really.

Anyway, ROM doesn't have to be connected to the Marvel universe to be good. The best parts of his story was when he was in his own little corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Howards Bellend posted:

Didn't all the space knights get killed by the builders back in Infinity?

Pretty sure they've been killed off multiple times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, that's right. The end of ROM has literally everyone on Galador dead except for now human ROM and Brandy Clark.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't there another Micronauts revival years ago? I remember reading some comic about them and thinking about how it made no loving sense.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gavok posted:

I read every single Nightmare on Elm Street comic, from Marvel to Innovation to Avatar Press to Windstorm. Check out my write-up, BITCH!

In a similar vein, I just read this write up about the Halloween comics and how they do more interesting things with the concept than the movie sequels.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That looks just... just awful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

It's not like he hates the idea of a new Ghostbusters because he's lazy.

From what I understand for a long time he and Harold Ramis were not on good terms which probably had something to do with it. Also I read somewhere that they had such a hard time actually getting Murray to record his lines for the Ghostbusters game that they ended up writing an alternate script that removed his character just in case.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The issue is that I don't think anyone was really treating the clones like that (other than her strawman Jedi.) It certainly wasn't any Lucasfilm mandate considering they had books, videogames and a TV show where they spent a lot of time featuring Clone Troopers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest Humble Book Bundle is a bunch of Transformers comics.

Roth posted:

http://www.cbr.com/new-legend-of-korra-ogn-series-gets-title-release-date/

Legend of Korra comic is finally coming out next summer. Got the Hellcat artist on it.

Sounds like they're going to be going more into the Korra/Asami relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-revolution-comic-book-bundle

So seeing as this is kind of all over the place, does anyone have a read order?

• Locked thread