Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

crunchbase says that they only have 11-50 peeps
which would indicate about 30 engineers tops, probably deffo more like 15
which would indicate lol, no more engineers, actually

have fun not developing any more software i guess

switching all your devs to different ones: also a hilariously idiot idea
not even taking into account the union idiocy, which they will prolly get away with but will probably lead to their inability to hire anyone decent

Software developers aren't engineers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

very.

tbh, most service providers are private, but they can't charge for preferential access and they have to play by the province's rules. private clinics can't accept patients through the public system.

so as long as they're willing to follow ohip regs they're fine, but this being google, and their whole "vision" document being based on "we need to be free to do whatever we want", i'm not optimistic

whenever i hear about the erosion of universal healthcare in places like canada or the uk it makes me sad because I don’t want any other places ending up like the US.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

judges trying to be clever are the worst

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ArmZ posted:

counterpoint: meads v meads

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ArmZ posted:

yeah any time they try to flourish its just dumb af

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
remember homeboy's gilbert and sullivan scotus robes

ugh

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this depends on the state

in many states you are indeed liable for hitting a pedestrian or a cyclist, even if it is ostensibly the pedestrian or cyclist's fault.

you are the one in the two ton metal shell with power steering and high grade brakes, ergo it is incumbent on you, the driver, to protect more vulnerable road users, even when they are using the road incorrectly.

since maine is a rural state full of old people it's probably perfectly legal to just run people over because they were in the way, but that is not universally the case

bicycles have no business on the road and they are hazards in all cases. this is not to say there aren't bad laws attempting to reverse reality, but such laws cannot be taken seriously by any sane individual

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

marx or nazi context?

same difference.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
no, shaggar. you’re not gonna shaggar me.

:colbert:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Software developers aren't engineers.

you're right, devs get paid more

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

otoh china's "biggest vehicle has the right of way" rules are p hilarious too in a mad max kinda way

i think the law in china is literally the opposite of this

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

President Beep posted:

no, shaggar. you’re not gonna shaggar me.

:colbert:

2 ideologies designed to murder people they don't like, but the reasons they don't like people are slightly different.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ArmZ posted:

look, appeals courts have to deal with the most mundane bullshit all day every day. just humor them on this one thing.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

2 ideologies designed to murder people they don't like, but the reasons they don't like people are slightly different.

i said no!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

otoh china's "biggest vehicle has the right of way" rules are p hilarious too in a mad max kinda way

my understanding (at least what my boss told me in china) was that in a collision the biggest vehicle is at fault

not sure if that applies to right of way as well

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

land yacht law

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

til stymie apparently has a large tract of land and an infinite source of bricks and someone to approve the building permits to build brick walls whenever he feels like working out which sounds heckin' rad actually

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
fun fact: labor comes in many forms, i just chose bricklaying as an example

find the kind that suits you best and start living your best life today!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the form of my labour is opening and closing electrical circuits

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Stymie posted:

fun fact: labor comes in many forms, i just chose bricklaying as an example

find the kind that suits you best and start living your best life today!

Stymies new gimmick is weird tankie cosplay apparently.

The MUMPSorceress fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 31, 2018

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

might wanna ninja-edit that one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lmao

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

might wanna ninja-edit that one

particularly in the light of earlier posts using a particularly notorious motto appearing on a gate

also it's not a gimmick and it's not particularly new

Apr 7, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

Stymies jew gimmick is weird tankie cosplay apparently.

This is why leftism is a loving wreck

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

This is why leftism is a loving wreck

because the labor theory of value is fatuous at best, and often morally bankrupt?

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

because the labor theory of value is fatuous at best, and often morally bankrupt?

Because one person I'm supposed to support, a transgendered person, is mad at another group I'm supposed to support (Jews).

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it was a typo, rummy

don't post with beer goggles

Apr 7, 2003

ha, I bet!

Apr 7, 2003

Mods please rename me to "stymies Jew gimmick"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

it was a typo, rummy

don't post with beer goggles

whoa there, that's a bit ableist, friend stymie. alcoholism is a disease.

brother tori needs our help and support

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Butt posted:

Because one person I'm supposed to support, a transgendered person, is mad at another group I'm supposed to support (Jews).

i don't think cis autodrag is an anti-semite, though she might be. certainly being a member of one or more minority groups doesn't preclude you from being horrifically bigoted to others.

however i think it's more likely that J and N are beside each other on the keyboard

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i don't think cis autodrag is an anti-semite, though she might be. certainly being a member of one or more minority groups doesn't preclude you from being horrifically bigoted to others.

however i think it's more likely that J and N are beside each other on the keyboard

a typo is nowhere near as funny as "Stymie's Jew Gimmick"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cis autodrag posted:

Stymies new gimmick is weird tankie cosplay apparently.

that's been his gimmick forever

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

It was a phone typo you idiot.
And it's "transgender", not "transgendered"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

makes u think

Apr 7, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

It was a phone typo you idiot.
And it's "transgender", not "transgendered"

Pardon me about the adjective. i will also continue to laugh at "Stymie's Jew Gimmick"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

makes u think

the hell it does.

Apr 7, 2003

BARONS JEW GIMMICK

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
some religions deffo more gimmicky than others

Adbot