Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
http://www.amazon.com/Service-Comfo...rds=service+dog

loving hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

people sure are mad about dogs itt.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

people sure are mad about dogs itt.

dogs are fine its "people" that im mad at actually

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I was talking to a co-worker (we are in the bay yearea but have none of the perks other companies offer other than high pay) who was bitching about the lack of free poo poo.

I told him he should be lucky we even offer a shuttle. I came from the east coast where you'd get laughed the gently caress out of the state if you worked at a large corp there (like Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, Northrup Grumman, etc) and complained about the lack of a shuttle.

Some day those free shuttles will go away because investors will start questioning why google needs to subsidize 20/30 yo's living in the city lifestyles at the expense of their dividend and MAN I can't wait to read that bitchin at Google+

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde

PuTTY riot posted:

'my dog is a service animal' (*cause i said so) is some seriously hosed up poo poo that makes me really loving mad

excuse me but it is "emotional support animal"

service animals are actually regulated beyond just a note from your shrink

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PuTTY riot posted:

'my dog is a service animal' (*cause i said so) is some seriously hosed up poo poo that makes me really loving mad

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

the emotional support animal thing has helped my mom have a dog and cat in her apartment. she and her husband love the dog and cat and so I'm ok with it v:shobon:v

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

the emotional support animal thing has helped my mom have a dog and cat in her apartment. she and her husband love the dog and cat and so I'm ok with it v:shobon:v

it's also the silver bullet that you shoot into your bay area landlord who doesn't allow pets (this is all of them)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's also the silver bullet that you shoot into your bay area landlord who doesn't allow pets (this is all of them)

yes, also a good thing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

is that legal down there?

up here they can say poo poo like no pets, but it's completely unenforceable and they can't kick you out for it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

landlords can throw you out if you have a pet in a no pets place here in the states. I've had friends tearfully have to give up their pets or become homeless.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's some bullshit.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

infernal machines posted:

that's some bullshit.
it's called freedom

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

that's some bullshit.

most american laws are, yes.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde

is that legal down there?

up here they can say poo poo like no pets, but it's completely unenforceable and they can't kick you out for it

yes, but only if you're not renting a room from an on-site landlord that's a dwelling under a certain size

so it's totally legal if you're moving into an apartment complex but not if you're renting out some dude's spare bedroom who is allergic to/afraid of/dislikes dogs

this means that it's really popular in the bay area because dogs are A Thing and landlords here almost universally don't allow pets - the rare ones that do charge a premium on top of pet rent too

i can tell you from firsthand experience that it is literally impossible to rent in palo alto and menlo park if you have a pet that isn't also classified as a medical device

people also use it to get around size and breed restrictions

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I remember telling a tourist about pet resumes and they thought I was joking

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's called freedom

i've noticed american freedom seems to primarily be the freedom to go gently caress yourself

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

i've noticed american freedom seems to primarily be the freedom to go gently caress yourself

welcome to the republican party

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

i had trouble believing that pet rent was a widespread and normalized thing until we got here

we're lucky to merely be paying $60/month for a 14 lb terrier

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
i want an emotional support potbellied pig, pigs own

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde

pr0zac posted:

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i had trouble believing that pet rent was a widespread and normalized thing until we got here

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

pr0zac posted:

The passenger was allowed to bring the pig on board as an "emotional support animal" under Department of Transportation guidelines, a US Airways spokeswoman said.

Apparently, it was not meant to be. Before the plane took off, the passenger and her pig were kicked for being "disruptive," spokeswoman Laura Masvidal said.

How disruptive? Fellow passengers told the Hartford Courant that the big brown pig stank up the cabin of the tiny D.C.-bound aircraft and defecated in the aisle.

Phelps watched in amusement and horror as the pig began "dropping things" in the aisle while his owner stowed her belongings. When she tied him to the armrest and tried to clean up after him, he began to howl.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

How disruptive? Fellow passengers told the Hartford Courant that the big brown pig stank up the cabin of the tiny D.C.-bound aircraft and defecated in the aisle.

Phelps watched in amusement and horror as the pig began "dropping things" in the aisle while his owner stowed her belongings. When she tied him to the armrest and tried to clean up after him, he began to howl.

lol

im sorry id be that person too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
us travel is loving so bad already no fuckin way im dealin w/ a howling pig lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The City of Portland has filed suit against Uber Technologies Inc. in Multnomah County Circuit Court, after documenting that the California-based company started operating private-for hire transportation services in the city.

The lawsuit seeks declaratory relief that Uber is subject to and in violation of the City of Portland’s Private for Hire Transportation Regulations and Administrative Rules. The City’s lawsuit is asking for a declaration by the court that Uber is subject to the City’s regulations. The lawsuit also asks the Court to order Uber to stop operating in Portland until it is in compliance with the City’s safety, health and consumer protection rules.

Transportation Director Leah Treat on Monday morning issued a Cease and Desist Order to Uber. The order was cited in the lawsuit.

“I am hereby directing that Uber Technologies Inc…. or any other Uber affiliate entity immediately cease and desist operating within the City of Portland until such time as appropriate permits are obtained and Uber is in full compliance with the requirements of Portland City Code Chapter 16.40,” Treat wrote. “Please alert all Uber-affiliated drivers that they are to cease and desist.”

“Our main concern is public health and safety, because the state invested in the cities the responsibility to do that,” Mayor Charlie Hales said. “Beyond that, though, is the issue of fairness. Taxi cab companies follow rules on public health and safety. So do hotels and restaurants and construction companies and scores of other service providers. Because everyone agrees: good regulations make for a safer community. Uber disagrees, so we’re seeking a court injunction.”

City Commissioner Steve Novick, who oversees PBOT, said the City is prepared to issue civil and criminal penalties against Uber and its drivers for operating without required permits and inspections. The City of Portland requires permits for drivers and companies that offer taxi or executive sedan service within the city limits.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Dexter and Lulu came on board when my ex and I moved to SF from Minneapolis. We had to purchase 1st class tickets and they had to be in pet carriers. Dex and Lulu weren't too happy about it but it went ok.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

qirex posted:

wait what

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

I did a music video shoot at this house in Sacramento and they had a pet pig and it was a pain in the rear end trying to walk backwards while filming and then occasionally hearing the pig SQUEAL because I'd just stepped on its tail. Then I'd apologize to it and it would chill out because pigs are fuckin smart

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

The City of Portland has filed suit against Uber Technologies Inc. in Multnomah County Circuit Court, after documenting that the California-based company started operating private-for hire transportation services in the city.

The lawsuit seeks declaratory relief that Uber is subject to and in violation of the City of Portland’s Private for Hire Transportation Regulations and Administrative Rules. The City’s lawsuit is asking for a declaration by the court that Uber is subject to the City’s regulations. The lawsuit also asks the Court to order Uber to stop operating in Portland until it is in compliance with the City’s safety, health and consumer protection rules.

Transportation Director Leah Treat on Monday morning issued a Cease and Desist Order to Uber. The order was cited in the lawsuit.

“I am hereby directing that Uber Technologies Inc…. or any other Uber affiliate entity immediately cease and desist operating within the City of Portland until such time as appropriate permits are obtained and Uber is in full compliance with the requirements of Portland City Code Chapter 16.40,” Treat wrote. “Please alert all Uber-affiliated drivers that they are to cease and desist.”

“Our main concern is public health and safety, because the state invested in the cities the responsibility to do that,” Mayor Charlie Hales said. “Beyond that, though, is the issue of fairness. Taxi cab companies follow rules on public health and safety. So do hotels and restaurants and construction companies and scores of other service providers. Because everyone agrees: good regulations make for a safer community. Uber disagrees, so we’re seeking a court injunction.”

City Commissioner Steve Novick, who oversees PBOT, said the City is prepared to issue civil and criminal penalties against Uber and its drivers for operating without required permits and inspections. The City of Portland requires permits for drivers and companies that offer taxi or executive sedan service within the city limits.

it's not a taxi its disruptive

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

bassguitarhero posted:

I did a music video shoot at this house in Sacramento and they had a pet pig and it was a pain in the rear end trying to walk backwards while filming and then occasionally hearing the pig SQUEAL because I'd just stepped on its tail. Then I'd apologize to it and it would chill out because pigs are fuckin smart

hell yeah

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
both ppl I know who own a pig and don't like.. live on a farm.. they boy live in south Louisiana. idk what that means

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
cris p bacon, the pig, on the nova about disabled pets was awesome lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Slippery Tilde
you can just like get one of those cheese slicers and peel off bacon from your pig and eat it whenever you want

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
isn't there some joke about a Cajun and a pig w/ a peg leg? hang on

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
From the folks over at KBON:
One night T-Nom walks into a bar with a pig. The bartender says " Hey T-Nom, long tome no see. Man, that's a great looking pig, but why does he have a wooden leg?"
T-Nom says, "Joe, I gotta tell you about this pig. He is one special pig. One night my house was on fire and he dragged me to safety. Saved my life."
The bartender says. "Wow, that's great. But why does he have a wooden leg?"
T-Nom continues, " One time I was out in the pirogue checking my trout lines and the boat flipped over. This pig swam me to safety. Saved my life."
The bartender says, "That's really terrific T-Nom, but why the wooden leg?"
T-Nom continues, "Joe, I have to tell you, really, this is a very special pig. Last week during a thunderstorm my roof collapsed and this pig run in and pulled me out. Saved my life."
Finally the bartender says, "T-Nom from what you are telling me, I have to agree, that IS one special pig. He saved you from a fire, an earthquake and from drowning. But WHY IN THE WORLD DOES HE HAVE A WOODEN LEG?"
T-Nom says, "Well Joe, when you have a pig this special, it's just not right to eat all of it at one time."

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I was talking to a co-worker (we are in the bay yearea but have none of the perks other companies offer other than high pay) who was bitching about the lack of free poo poo.

I told him he should be lucky we even offer a shuttle. I came from the east coast where you'd get laughed the gently caress out of the state if you worked at a large corp there (like Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, Northrup Grumman, etc) and complained about the lack of a shuttle.

Some day those free shuttles will go away because investors will start questioning why google needs to subsidize 20/30 yo's living in the city lifestyles at the expense of their dividend and MAN I can't wait to read that bitchin at Google+

"If you want some exercise, go climb a microwave tower!"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

quote:

MEASURING GIRTH

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have a friend with a fake id for his dog saying it is a prescribed service animal

the dog is very poorly behaved

said friend is a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I'm paying an extra $50 a month for two cats, it's a thing here too.

• Locked thread