Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

nice. be sure to call your landlord a bithc while you're at it.

Why would I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

kwinkles posted:

i have rented a couple places that had a 300-500 refundable pet deposit and didn't charge any extra rent. anything else just seems like charging for no reason. if there is damage to the apartment, keep the deposit. if you have a well behaved pet the worst you're gonna do is maybe get charged 50-100 of the deposit for steam cleaning some carpets and cleaning dog/cat smell out of an A/C duct.

rental agreement specifies that we will get teh carpet cleaned when we move out regardless :smith:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

My father-in-law expressed a concern that this guy might try to shoot me.

are you sure you werent confusing concern with enthusiasm? lol!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

you're a hard-working american

try to throw that in his face if u get the chance ever lol

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

you're a hard-working american

try to throw that in his face if u get the chance ever lol

"I work too hard for you to keep my money when I could put it to work for me."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Citizen Tayne posted:

you're doing god's work tori

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Citizen Tayne posted:

I don't even have A/C ducts, this is radiator heat.

the danger with rental apartments is that people don't replace the aircon filter. when i rented i used to turn on the AC and smell the air coming out of the register, then turn on the heater and smell the air. sometimes you get a huge whiff of someone's gross dog smell.

i like dogs, but dog smell in vacuums and air conditioning systems is the worst.

Apr 7, 2003

kwinkles posted:

the danger with rental apartments is that people don't replace the aircon filter. when i rented i used to turn on the AC and smell the air coming out of the register, then turn on the heater and smell the air. sometimes you get a huge whiff of someone's gross dog smell.

i like dogs, but dog smell in vacuums and air conditioning systems is the worst.

Oh yeah, I don't even have that. This place only has ~100 square feet of carpet too, just a hallway upstairs.

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

you're doing god's work tori

I'm not going to report the guy to the IRS because what that guy in the CJS thread said made sense, but I will ask for my money back. Anything I get back now is less I have to take him to court for in July.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hey guys, thanks for the security deposit chat, it reminded me to check Pennsylvania law and it turns out that my landlord is holding more of my money than he's allowed to hold.

nice

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

man I'm glad I've only had really great landlords.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Anything I get back now is less I have to take him to court for in July.

wait what?

is this after the appeal time runs out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm not going to report the guy to the IRS because what that guy in the CJS thread said made sense, but I will ask for my money back. Anything I get back now is less I have to take him to court for in July.

i missed that, but holy poo poo that would be an amazingly unpleasant thing to do to the guy.

i could see him actually killing you after that

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

wait what?

is this after the appeal time runs out

That's when my lease is up and I'm assuming he's going to try to nickel and dime me for carpet tacks and shower curtains. If I get a thousand dollars back from my deposit now, that's less that he can try to gently caress with me over.

The settlement is still good as far as I know, he hasn't appealed that and he has a deadline of 12/18. That's a separate sum entirely.

Apr 7, 2003

i missed that, but holy poo poo that would be an amazingly unpleasant thing to do to the guy.

i could see him actually killing you after that

I've never asked him to do anything more than his legal responsibility.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hey guys, thanks for the security deposit chat, it reminded me to check Pennsylvania law and it turns out that my landlord is holding more of my money than he's allowed to hold.

lmao

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Citizen Tayne posted:

im the font change

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

I've never asked him to do anything more than his legal responsibility.

i meant the IRS thing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

americans: consistently amazed the rest of the world isn't taking it up the rear end without lube

without lube like a man. and we don't kowtow to no queen, either.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

"oh, look at me! i'm a girly-man who needs to lube up my rear end in a top hat because it's so delicate and soft!"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Farecoal posted:

im the font change

i loving hate that everything does this now when i copy/paste poo poo

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

uncurable mlady posted:

merge formatting??

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Citizen Tayne posted:

i like how you just keep loving with him now - not that you are out of your rights to get your deposit back now or anything, for sure take what is yours it'd be stupid not to - but just the passion in which you locked onto this guy to do nothing but torture him using his own assholedness against him is funny as heck

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

duTrieux. posted:

"oh, look at me! i'm a girly-man who needs to lube up my rear end in a top hat because it's so delicate and soft!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJSI48gkFc

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

paste us unformatted every day, all day

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

u gotta admit they pushed all the right buttons. i'd almost call it witty

Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

i like how you just keep loving with him now - not that you are out of your rights to get your deposit back now or anything, for sure take what is yours it'd be stupid not to - but just the passion in which you locked onto this guy to do nothing but torture him using his own assholedness against him is funny as heck

Every time I turn around, he's doing something else wrong.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

i like how

lol i like how that too, sniep

Apr 7, 2003

It's like a poop emoji made up of smaller poop emoji.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

:911:

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Citizen Tayne posted:

Every time I turn around, he's doing something else wrong.

my big question above everything else is just... if he owns 75 properties or whatever it was, why doesn't he just hire a management company to take care of poo poo like garbage disposals. i mean, i thought it was a part of doing business once you got above like 2 properties, but what do i know

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Farecoal posted:

merge formatting??

why isn't it the default to apply the existing format to pasted text

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:barf:

Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

my big question above everything else is just... if he owns 75 properties or whatever it was, why doesn't he just hire a management company to take care of poo poo like garbage disposals. i mean, i thought it was a part of doing business once you got above like 2 properties, but what do i know

He is smarter than everyone else. Everyone else is too stupid to be trusted with his assets.

This is a real thing with people who are smart or who think they're smart, doctors are notorious for trying to manage their own practices with poor results.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

uncurable mlady posted:

why isn't it the default to apply the existing format to pasted text

I agree with this post. pasting with formatting is literally worse than Hitler.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Citizen Tayne posted:

He is smarter than everyone else. Everyone else is too stupid to be trusted with his assets.

This is a real thing with people who are smart or who think they're smart, doctors are notorious for trying to manage their own practices with poor results.

i was raised with a heavy dose of "you are smart but the smartest thing of all is to know what you don't know"

it always baffles me when people don't get this fact, because at the end of the day, intelligent delegation is super, super super worth it every time 100 out of 100 times

Apr 7, 2003

Sniep posted:

i was raised with a heavy dose of "you are smart but the smartest thing of all is to know what you don't know"

it always baffles me when people don't get this fact, because at the end of the day, intelligent delegation is super, super super worth it every time 100 out of 100 times

My landlord is a straight up Ron Paul Libertarian who blogs for an extremist Libertarian site that hates Rand Paul because he "compromises." He has no understanding of how the real world works.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
he was the guy who showed up for court with no lawyer and atlas shrugged right

Apr 7, 2003

Farecoal posted:

he was the guy who showed up for court with no lawyer and atlas shrugged right

Yeah, he told the landlord he was a "hard-working American", like those sovereign citizens who think they just need to know the right combination of magic words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sniep posted:

i think part of it is pride.

• Locked thread